Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yesitis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone -
I know that parts of this question have been discussed in other threads, but I could not find a true answer to my questions, so please forgive the repeated questions if there are some. Just looking for feedback and help from other owners that have done what I want to do.
I have a 2020 Tahoe Premier with RST performance package. I have the magnetic ride control suspension. I do not have the Max Trailering Package.
I want to have a local shop install a 2/3 lowering kit to get rid of some of the gap in the wheel wells while still keeping the slight stock rake angle. I have 22" wheels (stock for winter and Vossen HF6-1 for summer).
I tow a 5k lb pontoon boat and trailer and a 3k lb utility trailer.
I like the slight rake that the truck has, especially because when I tow, I hate the look of the rear end being lower than the front when towing. Just my personal preference.
Anyway, my question is other than overall 2/3 lowering kit, do I need anything else? I only have 30k on the truck, so I don't need to replace the shocks yet. Do I need to replace the rear stabilization/torsion bar (or do I even have one or need it?)
Looking for feedback from people who have done the 2/3 lowering kit on a Tahoe RST, Tahoe Premier, Yukon Denali or Escalade (as all of those have basically the same set up that I do) and I want to know how it tows and what you needed to upgrade/change when you had it dropped.
I want to go into the shop with knowledge, so that they do not try to sell me something I don't need, but also sell me all that I actually do need. I am a DIY guy, but not when it comes to taking apart a suspension or engine.
I have had cars lowered before, but never a truck that I also used for towing (yes I have had trucks lowered before with spindles, etc)
Thanks in advance. Really appreciate the feedback.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would post this in the correct model year section and you will most likely get more action.

OP
OP
yesitis

yesitis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry. I thought I did post it in the right place under general discussion.
What do you recommend and I will gladly move it there. Thanks.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is in the street suspension category, which i think is fitting, but you have it in the ‘21+ model year.

OP
OP
yesitis

yesitis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is in the street suspension category, which i think is fitting, but you have it in the ‘21+ model year.
thanks for pointing this out - will move it. appreciate your time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu