2013 Yukon/New Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DJones

DJones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My problem is that the driver door does not turn on the dome lights. All of the other doors do. All functions of an open/closed door work, such as radio turn off. I'm not sure of it's related, but I cannot install an aftermarket radio with the PAC RP5-GM31 wiring interface... radio turns on and off at random.

Clues:
1. I replaced the headlight switch because the dimmer knob was broken.
2. The door switch buttons have the printed power folding mirrors button. From my experience (coming from 2001/2003/2003), the button is included on all, but only printed if the truck is equipped. I do not have the option.
3. Door activity has no affect on power-off of aftermarket radios.

I tried disconnecting the battery and disconnecting the door harness to the body, but no change.

Any ideas?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

OP
OP
DJones

DJones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did more research and found that GMT-900 trucks do not have hidden buttons for power folding mirrors if it is not equipped with the option. They simply do not have the switch, unlike the predescessors. I have the DL3 door switch without the DL3 RPO. That means that at some point in the past, the module was replaced. I just hope putting in the correct part will fix the issue. I will hypothesize the aftermarket radio will work correctly too based on the driver door being the only one that is supposed to shut it off. It will take me a few weeks to gather parts, but I'll report back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timnazium