2013 Yukon headlight assy bulbs R&R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hal96Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you REALLY have to take half the front end apart to change those bulbs?? What genius at GM DESIGNED A HEADLAMP ASSY THAT ISN 'T EASILY REMOVED TO REPLACE BULBS??
Shop manual(Haynes) says remove wheel, inner fender, bumper cover etc. to access the rear of the assembly just to change any of the bulbs!!
Yikes!!

Reaction score
When I first did mine, I just turned the front wheels so I could get to the wheelwell liner edge screws easier, loosened the headlight side bolt, and removed the bolts across the top of the grill so I could pull the headlight out. The bumper material around the headlights is rather flexible. It did take a bit of finageling to get the light housing out and back in.

Since then I just remove the entire bumper cover. It's only a couple more bolts/screws and makes it a lot easier.

Some have been able to access the bulb locations by removing the air filter box on passenger side, and unbolting the washer fluid tank on drivers side, and reaching through.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
or ... bumper cover 20 minutes milking it, drinking a beer. From that point on, only 10 minutes for the job.

If your headlight bulb receptacles are really baked into the headlight housing, they won’t twist off with the leverage you’ve got by snaking your arm down and through to the bulb.

Comparatively it’s like be an amateur who’s too lazy to turn the power off when swapping out a light switch in your home. Finding breaker, cutting power makes it a 10 min job. Keeping power on is f’g stupid no matter how long it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Some have been able to access the bulb locations by removing the air filter box on passenger side, and unbolting the washer fluid tank on drivers side, and reaching through.
I want photographic or video proof that any normal human can reach the back of the housings through the tiny holes in the radiator support. I tried that on the driver side. Even after removing the aux battery tray and loosening the washer reservoir, the hole in the support was way too small to get my hands in there. And it didn't line up with the bulb locations, either.

As a recovering engineer, I agree that the design is really stupid!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts