2013 yukon denali xl exaust suggestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxxx7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i recently bought a 2013 gmc yukon xl and i want a deeper and a bit louder exaust. I know very little about exaust and i was just wonder what the go to is usally for these.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, first thing is to understand that your exhaust is 3.5" in diameter. Many aftermarket systems use 3" tubing.

Exhaust sounds are subjective, I would go to youtube and have a listen, muffler delete with resonator, without resonator, MBRP, Black Widow, Magnaflow, Corsa, Gibson, Flowmaster, Borla, etc.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^^x2^^^^^

The acceptable sound for an exhaust system is such a subjective opinion, you should listen to several on YouTube, before making your final decision.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i recently bought a 2013 gmc yukon xl and i want a deeper and a bit louder exaust. I know very little about exaust and i was just wonder what the go to is usally for these.
Is yours a Yukon XL SLE/SLT or is it a Denali? Only the Denali has the 3.5" exhaust with the 6.2L. The 5.3L trucks have a smaller diameter exhaust.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.2L exhaust is very efficient... If you want 'more' sound, then maybe you
could remove the resonator that's all the way at the end near the outlet. It's there
to quiet the resonance when the AFM/DOD is activated - Which you should turn off
immediately- BTW
Even with headers and high flow cats/Y pipe, my stock exhaust was pretty stockish
sounding even with a supercharger...
but when i "cammed" it, it got lots louder

KelZu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I watched a ton of vids on Exhaust Addicts on youtube. I went with a corsa system. Sounds great and no drone

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally think the Denali XL factory exhaust has the best rumble inside the cab, without the drone of most aftermarket setups. 2 more feet of pipe really makes a difference between that one and the standard yukon.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally think the Denali XL factory exhaust has the best rumble inside the cab, without the drone of most aftermarket setups. 2 more feet of pipe really makes a difference between that one and the standard yukon.
100% I love the sound of our XL Denali's. The cammed 2012 even more so.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
You’ve already got one of the best exhaust notes of all the vehicles out there plus it’s 100% stainless steel or a fortune in todays money. They’ll outlast the life of the truck.

I prefer the 12-14 Escalade Platinum / Premium option dual exhaust note specific to the 6.2L.

2012-2014 Escalade SWB Premium or Platinum Dual Exhaust Hangers'
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...inum-dual-exhaust-hangers.132539/post-1656991

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.2L exhaust is very efficient... If you want 'more' sound, then maybe you
could remove the resonator that's all the way at the end near the outlet. It's there
to quiet the resonance when the AFM/DOD is activated

My 6.2 pickups did not come with AFM and have the resonator. Don't know why but they do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn