2013 Yahoe SSV trailer wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there are different packages, did you write down the list of RPOs that's in your glove box?

(check the list and see what you have)

Do you have the shift stick with the "trailer button" too?

The 7 blade plug is pretty standard, except for U-haul style hitches, they use the 4-pin.

Ron

They are hard to see in the glove box so I had work do me an RPO printout and I have the list in my desk at work. I will check in and see what codes it shows for the trailer hitch and such. I do have the trailer button on the shifter arm.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are hard to see in the glove box so I had work do me an RPO printout and I have the list in my desk at work. I will check in and see what codes it shows for the trailer hitch and such. I do have the trailer button on the shifter arm.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

I took pics with one of these smart phones, from a few different angles and compiled the results :)

Ron

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took pics with one of these smart phones, from a few different angles and compiled the results :)

Ron
Well I have a stupid phone which is a flip phone and even if I was to take pictures with it there is no way to get them out of the phone and they would be too small to read. My phone is ONLY a phone. No Text. No internet. No Apps. No nothing! Man I feel old now.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have a stupid phone which is a flip phone and even if I was to take pictures with it there is no way to get them out of the phone and they would be too small to read. My phone is ONLY a phone. No Text. No internet. No Apps. No nothing! Man I feel old now.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

*lol*... I got one a few years ago.. took me two days to figure out how to make a phone call. So I guess it's pen and paper for you then.

Ron

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*lol*... I got one a few years ago.. took me two days to figure out how to make a phone call. So I guess it's pen and paper for you then.

Ron
LOL. That is pretty much it in a hand basket!

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score

Ron

Actually Guys Somewhere on TYF there is a link to send a PM to GM Customer Care with your VIN and usually within 24hours they will email you a complete list of RPO codes with explanation and build date. I did it and saved the file to my computer.

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually Guys Somewhere on TYF there is a link to send a PM to GM Customer Care with your VIN and usually within 24hours they will email you a complete list of RPO codes with explanation and build date. I did it and saved the file to my computer.

I work at a Chevrolet Dealership in the parts dept so I can get it done any time with only a VIN and I have mine printed out. If Ron wants one I could have it emailed to him if he supplied the VIN and his email address.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I work at a Chevrolet Dealership in the parts dept so I can get it done any time with only a VIN and I have mine printed out. If Ron wants one I could have it emailed to him if he supplied the VIN and his email address.

You most likely have more info available than GM customer care will pass out. When I purchased my Harley Used at the dealer, It was my buddy that worked in parts , that gave me the history of the bike, as it was a rental bike out of Sturgis.

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You most likely have more info available than GM customer care will pass out. When I purchased my Harley Used at the dealer, It was my buddy that worked in parts , that gave me the history of the bike, as it was a rental bike out of Sturgis.

Yes I can get a lot more info than GM will send you. Some times it pays to work for GM!

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

Hal96Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Weird. My Tahoe has the trailer hitch and the 7 pin plug for plugging in the wiring but I do not have the trailer control on the bolster? Kinda odd to have everything else but no brake controller?

Mike--Hamilton Chevy
Dumb move by GM. They made towing package and factory brake controller TWO SEPARATE OPTIONS....AND....THERE IS NO FACTORY CONTROLLER RETROFIT KIT. You have to buy an aftermarket brake comtroller (Tekonsha or Curt etc.) and mount and wire it up. GM dealer can provide a Curt unit thru GM
GM did not even provide a plug and play connector under the dash... just "blunt cut" wires. Ran into this issue with my CPO 2013 Yukon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo