2013 Tahoe LTZ help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris_u

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello i need some info or help i have 2013 Tahoe LTZ 2wd with autoride and stabilitrak & stock 20in rims and tires 39lbs pressure in all 4. 1 month old with 500 miles on it and the suspension is really stiff and make the ride feel bouncy to the point my wife is getting sea sick and i feel it too. every time we go over a bump or a bumpy road. were moving to the LTZ from a 03 z71 sub but we have been driving a 07 Vw bug. can anyone tell me whats going on how is the ride in your Tahoe's there also a lot of space between the tire and the fender lip it sits high. any ideas or help would be appreciated.
thanks chris

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bouncy ride is due to shocks being bad but you have a 2013 so they should still be good. Maybe getting some Belltech shocks would help with the bounce? Also the rake on the tahoe is really bad, which can easily be corrected with a 2/3 drop or a 2" rear only drop. PM NorcalSS who is a vendor on here. He will be able to help you out with either new shocks or a drop to level out your vehicle.

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are you running 39lbs of air pressure in your tires? My 2011 LTZ with 20" tires calls for 32lbs. I don't find the ride as stiff or bouncy at all. I don't think anything changed since the 2011.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say reduce tire PSI before you start throwing parts at a new truck.

Go to 32 PSI like suggested above.

The rear fender gap is there to compensate for load. Yes, it looks like crap, it is supposed to from the factory.

If you do a rear only drop, you will get Cali-Lean ass sag. You must do a 1.5 front drop / 2 inch rear drop to make it look right.

Also, if you drop the back and carry loads or tow, you will need to get Airbags.

OP
OP
C

chris_u

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
tire presser is how it came from the dealer so i think that might be it. and im not going to do any major mods to it anytime soon don't need the warranty BS from the dealer. i will lower the air presser in the tires and let you guys now how it feels. thanks.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello i need some info or help i have 2013 Tahoe LTZ 2wd with autoride and stabilitrak & stock 20in rims and tires 39lbs pressure in all 4. 1 month old with 500 miles on it and the suspension is really stiff and make the ride feel bouncy to the point my wife is getting sea sick and i feel it too. every time we go over a bump or a bumpy road. were moving to the LTZ from a 03 z71 sub but we have been driving a 07 Vw bug. can anyone tell me whats going on how is the ride in your Tahoe's there also a lot of space between the tire and the fender lip it sits high. any ideas or help would be appreciated.
thanks chris

Hey chris_u, how are things going with the Tahoe? Is it riding better since you have adjusted the air pressure in the tires? This happened to me when I had my 1995 GMC 4WD truck. Our mechanic adjusted the air pressure in the tires and … WOW; what an amazing difference. I find that we go through the same with our Tahoe.

I hope you're ride has improved. We look forward to reading any updates.

Michelle, GM Customer Service assisting Louis

OP
OP
C

chris_u

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey chris_u, how are things going with the Tahoe? Is it riding better since you have adjusted the air pressure in the tires? This happened to me when I had my 1995 GMC 4WD truck. Our mechanic adjusted the air pressure in the tires and … WOW; what an amazing difference. I find that we go through the same with our Tahoe.

I hope you're ride has improved. We look forward to reading any updates.

Michelle, GM Customer Service assisting Louis
sorry about the delay in updating you guys. so i have been running 35psi and the Tahoe has about 800 miles on it. and the ride is a lot smoother and not so stiff and just feels better i'm going to drop to 32psi and see how that feels i will update you guys soon.