2013 GMC Yukon XL Denali HVAC off off but hot air through vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gideon K

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having a strange issue and couldn't diagnose. There is Hot air coming from vents even when the A/C is powered off. Everything seems to be working fine when turned on. I tried recalibration. When I turn on the hvac, blower turns on, I can adjust the temperature, blender does it's job to move the air where I want to.. I'm very confused. I'm planning to change the temp actuator to see if this fixes the issue. Does anyone have recommendation on what could be the issue?

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having a strange issue and couldn't diagnose. There is Hot air coming from vents even when the A/C is powered off. Everything seems to be working fine when turned on. I tried recalibration. When I turn on the hvac, blower turns on, I can adjust the temperature, blender does it's job to move the air where I want to.. I'm very confused. I'm planning to change the temp actuator to see if this fixes the issue. Does anyone have recommendation on what could be the issue?
How did you recalibrate the system? Have you pulled any internal BCM codes?

OP
OP
G

Gideon K

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How did you recalibrate the system? Have you pulled any internal BCM codes?
I have removed the HVAC fuses from the fusebox in the engine bay for a minute or two, put them back, turned on the engine and hvac for two minutes, tuned off the engine and turned back on within 10-30 seconds to test the functions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts