2012 Yukon XL Denali - Recommendations for (close to plug and play) aftermarket stereo head unit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonathan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed the Sony XAV-AX4000 with the Maestro RR, GM5 I think and also moved the rear view mirror camera down to the head unit. I love it the EQ is more detailed and really made the OEM speakers sound better. The factory sub hits a little harder but it’s also picking up more tones of bass not just the heavy long bass.

I had a great local shop order everything up for me and it was legitimately plug and play. I ended up moving the rear view on my own which wasn’t that bad.

I would probably go for the AX6000 now to be able to play movies from my phone but I’ll find a work around for that or just buy the 6000.

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed a Dynavin 10" in my Mercedes. They are 100% worth the crazy cost. CarPlay/Andriod Auto, XM Radio, plug and play and done in 2 hours or less
Watching for the v8 as well. It shouldn't be too much longer as the original estimate was spring of 2023 and now it's summer 2023. They are updating the site and many v8 models are coming out.

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watching for the v8 as well. It shouldn't be too much longer as the original estimate was spring of 2023 and now it's summer 2023. They are updating the site and many v8 models are coming out.
So, the v8 is not going to have an OEM look. This is confirmed through their link below. They were (sold out already) selling a limited number of N7-GM2007's refurbs from the factory which I snagged one then came over to tell the forum and they're already sold out.

The v8 look will be very much like their current v8 jeep offering which is more along the lines of a floating screen. This is confirmed from an e-mail sent over to their customer support.

1689347809413.png

spyderrider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You will need an iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 along with GM 5+ adapter. It's the only way to go. I also prefer Kenwood with the Maestro. Will even retain the factory flip down monitors. My new to me Escalade has a new Sony (barf) head unit, but previous owner didn't use a Maestro RR, so I will have to re-do their crap install. Fun fact, the newer high-end Sony's are now Maestro compatible.
came across this thread and have a question. I'm looking to run a Kenwood with a Maestro, and wondering what you did to retain the factory backup camera. I don't want to run new wires for an aftermarket one but will if I really need to. Thanks

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need an iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 along with GM 5+ adapter. It's the only way to go. I also prefer Kenwood with the Maestro. Will even retain the factory flip down monitors. My new to me Escalade has a new Sony (barf) head unit, but previous owner didn't use a Maestro RR, so I will have to re-do their crap install. Fun fact, the newer high-end Sony's are now Maestro compatible.

I am going to look into this for my truck, thanks for the reply!

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Video tutorial I found for an escalade. The Pac RP5-GM31 has a port for the rear DVD player. Is this the equivalent part of the maestro rr 2?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Video tutorial I found for an escalade. The Pac RP5-GM31 has a port for the rear DVD player. Is this the equivalent part of the maestro rr 2?

Either one requires a separate adapter for rear rse, the maestro offers extras like Bose fade, dsp, obdii integration, etc

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed there aren't many options using the vehicle fitment guide. Are you guys just using a different face plate or something for other models?

Would this work in my yukon?

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay sorry I am a huge newb with this, I only do engine stuff LOL

But since I revived my truck, I want the system to be a bit more modern with stuff like carplay. So that unit plus an adapter plate will basically replace what is in the red? So I will do HVAC through the touch screen only?

1708919306493.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9