2012 yukon xl denali 02 sensor's question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so... I am at 99k and it is time to do the sensors
I figured I need 2 upstream and 2 downstream
but when I went to rockauto to order I see there is a "middle" listed? so I looked under the truck to confirm and I see
1 upstream passenger side
1 downstream passenger side
1 downstream driver side (there is no upstream drivers side-short section from manifold to cat only)

am I missing something? is the drivers side considered the "middle" one?
does anyone know specifically the part numbers and corresponding location.
just want to have all my ducks in a row

Dan Acosta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you notice any difference after changing them? Did you do all four or just the upstream? Thanks

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you notice any difference after changing them? Did you do all four or just the upstream? Thanks
no I was at 100k which is there supposed life cycle, I did all 4 as preventative maintenance, I haven't noticed any difference in 8k since then or before, I figured since I had the money at the time I would just do them now then wait till one or more eventually bit the dust.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For future reference, (FOR NNBS)
the 2 upstream are the same part number
and the 2 downstream are the same part number
the upstream are part # 2132934/19107278/19145300/2133919 (requires 2) fits left or right
the downstream are part # 2134229/12609457 (requires 2) fits left or right

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For future reference, (FOR NNBS)
the 2 upstream are the same part number
and the 2 downstream are the same part number
the upstream are part # 2132934/19107278/19145300/2133919 (requires 2) fits left or right
the downstream are part # 2134229/12609457 (requires 2) fits left or right
I did all four of mine at about 125K. I bought the AC Delco OE units from RA. They were all pretty easy to do (glad I had the special O2 socket set for a couple), but the passenger side connector was a major mother to get my big paws on. It was sitting in the space where a bunch of cooling lines run through between the wheel well liner and the rear part of the front fender. Lots of bad words used. :)

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did all four of mine at about 125K. I bought the AC Delco OE units from RA. They were all pretty easy to do (glad I had the special O2 socket set for a couple), but the passenger side connector was a major mother to get my big paws on. It was sitting in the space where a bunch of cooling lines run through between the wheel well liner and the rear part of the front fender. Lots of bad words used. :)
my problem child with mine was the drivers side after the cat there is just no room in there with the awd axle in the way, had to use both the 02 socket and crows foot or it could have been the hidden one, it's been a couple years...

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my problem child with mine was the drivers side after the cat there is just no room in there with the awd axle in the way, had to use both the 02 socket and crows foot or it could have been the hidden one, it's been a couple years...
Very cool, a one man necro thread (I didn't notice), now that is just showing off... :)

On the problem, not sure how my torque values ended up because on a few I had a real cornucopia of extensions, adapters, etc., not sure how that all works out. Where is a Machinists Mate when we need him? :)

For future reference, I needed to take two downstream O2 sensors out to swap them side to side, to see if the values were consistent and wanted new seals for them. Of course, I couldn't find one or two gaskets and had to buy a gross, still like $5, anyway, anyone who needs an O2 washer/gasket, just let me know, I have a lot of them... :)

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool, a one man necro thread (I didn't notice), now that is just showing off... :)

On the problem, not sure how my torque values ended up because on a few I had a real cornucopia of extensions, adapters, etc., not sure how that all works out. Where is a Machinists Mate when we need him? :)

For future reference, I needed to take two downstream O2 sensors out to swap them side to side, to see if the values were consistent and wanted new seals for them. Of course, I couldn't find one or two gaskets and had to buy a gross, still like $5, anyway, anyone who needs an O2 washer/gasket, just let me know, I have a lot of them... :)
same, once it was tight-enough that was it, wasn't going to fight it more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk