2012 XL Denali overhead power seat switch swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at this vehicle that has power folding 2nd row bench, but the overhead console does not have the switches, only on the side panels near the seat.

Would it be possible to add this console that incorporates the 2 switches?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
In theory yes. An auto electronic shop could simply lengthen or pick up the harness from behind the 2nd row and wire it up to the front.

Not sure if it helps, but 09 Escalade has the switch up front as well as behind the 2nd row. If you had access to a pick n pull for a truck with both switches you could have a heyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
D

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I want to assume the overhead switch simply parallels the switch wiring to the rear switches. Also that it would follow the headliner to the rear panel.

A pick-ur-part is a good idea.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our ‘07 has the switches but our ‘12 does not. Not sure when GM dropped them but I use them in the ‘07 all the time. Pick and pull for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 has them. I have second row captains chair and I think it’s the most pointless thing ever. It’s easier to walk between the seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak