2012 Suburban 1500 - new front springs with more capacity - ZW7 suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That makes sense, as my 07 Yukon XL Denali has Moog 81250, which yields a smooth ride, and it was cross-referenced to the OEM front spring, which is no longer manufactured by GM.

OP
OP
R

russellbailey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That makes sense, as my 07 Yukon XL Denali has Moog 81250, which yields a smooth ride, and it was cross-referenced to the OEM front spring, which is no longer manufactured by GM.
From what I can tell, the 81250 was spec’d on cars with the Magneride shocks. Is that what yours has?

I have specs for the 81250 further up in the post - the steel diameter is a little smaller, but the spring is a little longer. I don’t have specs for the 81244 currently, and I’m not sure yet what the OEM front springs were.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell, the 81250 was spec’d on cars with the Magneride shocks. Is that what yours has?

I have specs for the 81250 further up in the post - the steel diameter is a little smaller, but the spring is a little longer. I don’t have specs for the 81244 currently, and I’m not sure yet what the OEM front springs were.
You are correct. My truck has the Electronic Suspension (Z55), which is the predecessor to the Magnaride Suspension (Z95), where the priority was a very smooth ride on smooth surfaces or straight roads. The shocks would automatically stiffen, as road conditions dictated, on non-smooth surfaces and curvy roads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700