2012 Mocha steel metallic with 2018 22s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dieseldave01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I picked up some 2018 factory 22s today off craigslist for my suburban. I like them but not sure I love them yet. I think they may look better with chrome inserts. I ha e to find some chevy center caps as these came off a Yukon. This wasn't something I intended doing so soon but my aluminum wheels were corroded and my tires had become split and truthfully I didn't think I should drive on the With how bad they were. (I just discovered their condition couple days ago when washing it) does anyone know exactly what these new wheels are called or a model type? 12d436c8f54cf0d6f1cd0da58432fedc.jpg62b81ebef6860e02b95d7e540243795f.jpg5aeda6c48e81ea3bfcececd6c0a7ff86.jpgf18f1c43b4554e545168079f324dca9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. They're definitely an upgrade over the factory 20"s.
2. I've never been able to wrap my head around the look of mismatched "brightwork" on a vehicle (i.e. - non-chrome wheels on a vehicle with chrome elsewhere on it). Is this why you don't love the look?

Regarding #2, so many car manufacturers do it. For instance, Audi often puts painted or brushed wheels on vehicles that have chrome lining the windows. To me, the proper look would be for that window trim to be treated in the same finish as the wheels. (All-black wheels are the exception for me.)

In your case, chrome inserts could add what you need to tie the look in with the rest of the chrome on the truck.

OP
OP
Dieseldave01

Dieseldave01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1. They're definitely an upgrade over the factory 20"s.
2. I've never been able to wrap my head around the look of mismatched "brightwork" on a vehicle (i.e. - non-chrome wheels on a vehicle with chrome elsewhere on it). Is this why you don't love the look?

Regarding #2, so many car manufacturers do it. For instance, Audi often puts painted or brushed wheels on vehicles that have chrome lining the windows. To me, the proper look would be for that window trim to be treated in the same finish as the wheels. (All-black wheels are the exception for me.)

In your case, chrome inserts could add what you need to tie the look in with the rest of the chrome on the truck.
Yes agree, that is exactly why I can't love them. I think chrome inserts would help but like you said it's more of the gun metal color than The black. And those chrome inserts would be too expensive. Would need to find someone wanted black to swap

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes agree, that is exactly why I can't love them. I think chrome inserts would help but like you said it's more of the gun metal color than The black. And those chrome inserts would be too expensive. Would need to find someone wanted black to swap

Agree. I think the chrome would really set them off.

sanco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like them, I think they look good, but thats also because at one point I had that style on my truck lol.

The model number is either CK163 or CK164 for the wheels

Joshua t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i think its the difference in the brushed aluminum look of the wheels and the dark grey of your suv. I have the same color and i love this look but maybe an all chrome or all black wheel would be more preferable... looks awesome non the less!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505