2012 GMC Yukon XL Denali Service Suspension Sytem Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have just recently purchased a 2012 Yukon XL Denali with the GM certified pre owned warranty. I have had this vehicle less than 2 weeks and had a service suspension light. I took it to the local GM dealer to have them look at this problem. The dealer set me up for a appointment to take a look at it. I received a call from the dealer, they said it was a sensor mounted on the shock and the terminal need to be replaced ($795.00) due to corrosion and this was not covered under warranty. I would believe them if it was not a sealed terminal or if on the GM Pre owned certified warranty checklist the suspension system had not been marked as serviced by the technician. I spoke with the GM warranty program to find out why this was not covered under the 12 months or 12,000 mile warranty and they gave me the biggest run around I have ever seen from a customer service agent.

In talking with the GM warranty agent I asked them if in fact I was talking with GM and they said was a GM elevated warranty service agent, but could not tell me if the auto ride suspension system was covered and would have to due research and would get back to me in 24 hrs. I cannot believe I just paid extra money for the GM certified Pre Owned vehicle only to find out that GM does not even know what is covered.

I have worked in the service industry the majority of my working career (23yrs) and I have never had to tell a customer I will have to due some research and get back with them within 24 hrs. By the way it is now going on 48 hrs. since I last talk with them and no has called me.

GM what is going on, on your GM Pre owned warranty you say it adds $2800 worth of value to the vehicle. I guess I should have save my money and purchase a non GM Certified warranty then I would have the money to repair the vehicle.

Sincerely unsatisfied longtime customer
Don Evans

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're getting the run around... I hope you're able to get the issue resolved.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's supposed to be covered you need another dealer.

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$795 seems a bit much for a sensor on a shock. You could replace the whole shock cheaper then that!

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can replace the rear air ride system for less than that.

OP
OP
D

Don E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree, I am just shocked that when I called in to speak to GM they didn't know what was covered. I have yet to receive a call back from them to let me know what they have found.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just experienced a very similar situation with a warranty that I purchased on my 2006 Denali XL. Not a gm preowned warranty. But a supposedly very reputable warranty company. When my transmission died in November they wanted me to spend a grand to have the transmission completely torn down before they would even decide if they were going to cover the transmission replacement. It was such a joke. And then when I asked all the necessary questions they said the same thing. That they would have to find out and call back. And $795 for just a sensor and terminal is outragous. I am having to replace my rear autoride air system in my 2006 and I just bought both rear air shocks with the sensors for the electronic ride control for $379. I would go to another gm dealership and have them take a look. And don't wait for them to call to back. Call them and ask why you never got another callback from the rep. Put the responsibility on them as it should be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645