2011 Z71 Siver Insert Must Go...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KnightHawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Forum...I have a new 2011 Tahoe LT Z71 and I don't like the silver plastic bumper insert between the bumper and the skid plate fascia...does any one know if it can be easily removed and just have the black bumper underneath??? Or does anyone know where I can see an exploded view drawing of the front bumper assy.? Any help will be appreciated....Thanks

Last edited:

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm I thought the same but it grew on me. I will maybe get some gun metal rims to match it instead.

sent from my thunderbolt

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Color match the rest of the truck...I think it would be worth it to have it painted.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I understand correctly you would like the whole bumper to be the same color as the truck and not like the skid plate?

pA_800.jpg

Hard to comment from here cause I don't know how and where those parts separate ... if there's a break between the bumper and plate maybe a swap for a regular Tahoe bumper cover might work, although it looks like it's a little complicated/different in the middle. I suppose you could also have it painted (part 15 below) to color match the rest of the truck. :think:

Here's a drawing of the assembly:

GC07015.gif

Welcome to TYF btw. :)

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I happen to like that bumper. but i would just get it painted. IMO that bumper looks way better than the regular tahoes bumper.

07Z71hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a black Z71 and I painted the mirrors and front bumper (except skid plate) black and it looks a lot better! Didn't cost much either

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, i was gonna say easier to just paint the entire bumper.

OP
OP
KnightHawk

KnightHawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys, the body shop guy at my dealer said you could not remove it and have a nice clean black bumper underneath it has mounting holes and gaps so painting does look like the best option, he quoted me $204, I'll go for that....

Soulsea....Thanks for the exploded drawing.

07Z71Hoe....Thank God my mirrors are all black so I don't have to mess with them, and I too would like to know about your tires, brand, size?

If there is a finer driving vehicle than these Tahoe's then you would have to show me. I could just live in it.

Thanks again to all.....

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I love the way it drives... especially with the BB Tune.

Oh, and welcome :)

07Z71hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the CCM 2.5/1 leveling kit with 285 Nitto Trail Grapplers. I love them and they look awesome

Here are some pics that are recent

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28698

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick