2011 Tahoe..How to mount hood hinge spring - Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramchol76

Reaction score
I removed my fender for fixing a leak and I am putting it back. while removing, I removed the hood hinge spring bolt, now while putting it back, the hinge spring alone is not aligning as I believe it need to be compressed and fit, it is too tight and couldn't compress in position.

Am I doing it any wrong, any guidance on how to put the hood hinge spring back?

thanks

hood hinge spring.png

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I removed my fender for fixing a leak and I am putting it back. while removing, I removed the hood hinge spring bolt, now while putting it back, the hinge spring alone is not aligning as I believe it need to be compressed and fit, it is too tight and couldn't compress in position.

Am I doing it any wrong, any guidance on how to put the hood hinge spring back?

thanks

View attachment 261440
Are you able to get a pipe wrench or f-wrench on the spring arm and leverage it into position?

9CDBFC3E-0D5C-4EF7-A76E-F945F9EA7C9C.jpeg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many many thanks, did this way and it worked!!!
Glad I could help!

My wife was looking at me crazy when I was standing out in the driveway taking that picture. She was like what in the heck are you doing? When I said it was for the forum, she just shook her head and walked away.

OP
OP
R

ramchol76

Reaction score
Glad I could help!

My wife was looking at me crazy when I was standing out in the driveway taking that picture. She was like what in the heck are you doing? When I said it was for the forum, she just shook her head and walked away.

:)

I really appreciate it you taking picture for this and it was timely, I am relatively a newbie into automotive maintenance and still picked up this major (for me) project. so far so good, fixing headlamp and air intake box are the only pending stuff. hope I can finish today evening or tomorrow.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:)

I really appreciate it you taking picture for this and it was timely, I am relatively a newbie into automotive maintenance and still picked up this major (for me) project. so far so good, fixing headlamp and air intake box are the only pending stuff. hope I can finish today evening or tomorrow.
That’s what this forum is all about. Helping each other out. Keep it up and you will soon be sharing tips based on your experiences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar