2011 Tahoe 4x4 oil pan replacement question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what to say but I've never had to drop that driveshaft, and that's after replacing the gasket on 2 different AWD XL Denali's and fixing one with a helicoil.
Your finger/hands must be a lot more nimbler than mine !!!!!!!

lspann3525

Reaction score
if you end up replacing the oil pan .Remove the Front Sway Bar and Links. Remove slid plate and cross member. Unbolt the steering rack and let it hang Unbolt one side of the front diff and loosen the other. That will give you enough room to get to the oil pan bolts and remove the oil pan/gasket

OP
OP
opfor2

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I finally tackled this project today. Removed the front driveshaft which gave me more room to work. I will admit this was a PIA but I gotter done. There were a few times that I was doubting myself whether I was **** it right but it all worked like it was supposed to. So far no leaks I'm keeping my fingers crossed but the main thing is that the bolt is now snug and holding the oil cooler tightly....

Thank you all who helped with suggestions..

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I finally tackled this project today. Removed the front driveshaft which gave me more room to work. I will admit this was a PIA but I gotter done. There were a few times that I was doubting myself whether I was **** it right but it all worked like it was supposed to. So far no leaks I'm keeping my fingers crossed but the main thing is that the bolt is now snug and holding the oil cooler tightly....

Thank you all who helped with suggestions..
Way to go! Nice work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman

Latest posts