2010 Yukon tailgate problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chilidawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2010 Yukon tailgate problem - Update

I have an intermittent problem with my power tailgate on a 2010 Yukon XL SLT. It will work fine for a few weeks and then the tailgate would partially unlatch but not open. The tailgate cannot be pulled open by hand. The only thing you can do is push it closed. After it fails, nothing happens after pushing any of the buttons (key fob, tailgate button, or console button). After one to seven days it will start working again. After I bought the vehicle I found a stack of invoices for the same problem. The actuator and module have been changed several times and the dealership is telling me to change these parts again. I doubt that it will solve my problem. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Last edited:

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Myself and others on here have been able to resolve various liftgate issues by changing out the latch. It may help yours as well. If your interested I have a brand new latch for sale under the classified section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Chilidawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After much cajoling the dealership has agreed to spend a few hours looking at the wiring. After this I am on my own. If I only used the tailgate once or twice a month I could live with it. But I need access several times a day.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chilidawg,

I understand that you are working with your local dealership to resolve this issue. Please keep us updated and let me know if I can further assist you.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

OP
OP
C

Chilidawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone provide a wiring diagram for the power tailgate? I have been unable to find anything online nor could I find any repair manuals.

Thanks

OP
OP
C

Chilidawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After two years of trying to find out what is wrong with my Yukon, I am giving up it is unrepairable. Took it to a dealership yesterday and they tried to figure it out. The liftgate didn't work when I brought it in but started working for the mechanic. We go pick it up mechanic couldn't find anything wrong with the scan tool. Drove home it wouldn't work when we got home. Drove back and he checked it again but nothing came up on the scan.
I am now stuck with a worthless vehicle unless I cheat someone else into buying it. I paid $40,000 for the truck including taxes and extended warranty (warranty isn't worth the paper its printed on) plus at least $2000 in repairs to the liftgate that didn't fix anything. I'm so bummed about this,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amada