2010 Escalade Or Keep My 2015 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJG84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to downgrade from my 15 Tahoe LTZ with 99k miles. Looking at a 2010 Escalade with 89k miles. Asking price is $18.5k.

I’d prefer a Tahoe/Yukon but they are the same price as the Escalade.

So my questions is-does this seem like a good deal? How reliable are the older Escalades?

Should I just suck it up and keep the Tahoe?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long and how far away have you looked in your search for a vehicle?

After doing a quick search, I don’t think $18.5K is too outlandish but definitely look around and do your homework. If you are looking to trade, that will limit you to dealing with dealers which may affect your available price range and selection.

What is driving this desire to “downgrade”?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to downgrade from my 15 Tahoe LTZ with 99k miles. Looking at a 2010 Escalade with 89k miles. Asking price is $18.5k.

I’d prefer a Tahoe/Yukon but they are the same price as the Escalade.

So my questions is-does this seem like a good deal? How reliable are the older Escalades?

I did some more looking nationwide at Tahoe’s on Autotrader in the 2010-2012 range with less than 100K miles and I’m finding a lot that are in the $12K-$15K range so I would definitely make sure you are looking at all your options. You may need to consider vehicles that are 200 miles or more away.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It does not matter if it has 89K miles or 189K miles. Things just wear out due to age. I seriously think this would be a huge mistake. Plus you know your Tahoe has been well maintained. That is just IMHO.

I vote to keep the 15 Tahoe LTZ!

OP
OP
KJG84

KJG84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How long and how far away have you looked in your search for a vehicle?

After doing a quick search, I don’t think $18.5K is too outlandish but definitely look around and do your homework. If you are looking to trade, that will limit you to dealing with dealers which may affect your available price range and selection.

What is driving this desire to “downgrade”?
Strictly monetarily. Having another kid soon and those daycare bills are no joke!
Just trying to get a feel if it is the right move or just stick with the Tahoe for a while. Thanks for replying!

OP
OP
KJG84

KJG84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It does not matter if it has 89K miles or 189K miles. Things just wear out due to age. I seriously think this would be a huge mistake. Plus you know your Tahoe has been well maintained. That is just IMHO.

I vote to keep the 15 Tahoe LTZ!
Thanks for the reply. 1 vote for the LTZ lol! I may have to agree with you

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strictly monetarily. Having another kid soon and those daycare bills are no joke!
Just trying to get a feel if it is the right move or just stick with the Tahoe for a while. Thanks for replying!

I think you will be financially better off keeping your vehicle in my opinion. What you will get for trade in on your ‘15 will be close to the same money, monthly payment wise, as what you would be paying on an older vehicle and the higher interest rate you will be able to get on a 9-10 year old vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts