2010 Chevrolet Tahoe fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Michael

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The original pump in my 2010 Tahoe failed at about 140,000 miles and I had a new one installed. When my low fuel warning light went off with the original pump, it took about 23 gallons to fill the tank. With the new pump, it only takes about 19.75 gallons to fill the tank. I had a second new pump installed under warranty thinking that the pump was the problem but the issue still exists. It takes much less fuel to fill the tank when the low fuel warning system goes off with the new pump than it did with the original pump. The fuel gauge also seems to drop faster with the new pump than it ever did with the original pump. I've had this truck since 2011 when it had 20K miles and I know that it used to take more to fill it than it currently does. Could the wrong pump have been installed? Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Joe

13BurbanKid

Reaction score
The original pump in my 2010 Tahoe failed at about 140,000 miles and I had a new one installed. When my low fuel warning light went off with the original pump, it took about 23 gallons to fill the tank. With the new pump, it only takes about 19.75 gallons to fill the tank. I had a second new pump installed under warranty thinking that the pump was the problem but the issue still exists. It takes much less fuel to fill the tank when the low fuel warning system goes off with the new pump than it did with the original pump. The fuel gauge also seems to drop faster with the new pump than it ever did with the original pump. I've had this truck since 2011 when it had 20K miles and I know that it used to take more to fill it than it currently does. Could the wrong pump have been installed? Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Joe

Did you replace the pump with a Delco replacement or an aftermarket?

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different brand pump assemblies could have a little bit diff resistance on
the gauge float input.. So if you keep just replacing it with the same brand,
you will get the same results.
AS long as YOU know where the low point is, then it's fine..
You should never let it go below 1/4 tank before you fill.... it's very hard
on fuel pumps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts