2009 Yukon XL Denali - Random No-Start Condition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KraftMatic87

KraftMatic87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like this issue was indeed being caused by a loose negative battery cable. I went to start the truck to take my son to school this morning, and sure enough I turn the key and I get the click with no lights. Opened the hood and jiggled the negative battery cable a bit and the truck started right up, and I didn't even have to use the jump starter! I tried installing a battery shim but it was too thick, and the negative battery clamp didn't seem to want to tighten up much around the terminal. I was stumped for a few minutes, and then figured I'd throw a washer on the bolt thread since it looked like the nut was digging into the terminal clamp. Before I was able to just pull the negative cable off the terminal with just a few tugs, so it wasn't on very tight. Now I can't wiggle or move it at all, so I'm hoping that will be a big improvement!

One tiny a$$ washer saves the day!

1707259158224.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts