2009 Yukon Needs New Headlights. What to Get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look pretty good on my 2010 Yukon XL in silver - I think there's some pics online of what they look like on a white Yukon

View attachment 392214
Those look really good, they blend very nicely with the black grilles....nice setup.

On mine, I have the chrome grill being a Denali, so I'm not sure how well they will blend.

ricwrench

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LEDs and new factory knock-offs for me also - huge improvement in night time driving for my old eyes! This is especially helpful in the snowy climates where road lines are a mere suggestion rather than a standard.
Indeed! Swapped fogs & low beams for led's (Headlight experts, no issues w/ products yet). Huge difference for my old guy eyes

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience with aftermarket headlights has been disappointing. I bought projector housings with LED bars from Amazon about 2-1/2 years ago. The clearcoat started peeling after about a year. And a couple of weeks ago one developed an intermittent issue where both high and low beams would come on dimly. I finally traced it to a bad ground circuit internal to the housing. Because these plug into the OEM lamp sockets, they have their own harnesses to connect all the new bulbs and LED bars. The only way to repair them is to open up the housings. I swapped back to OEM and realized how much better they illuminate the road. I guess I was so in love with the look of the aftermarket ones that I convinced myself they were better. They're not. Waste of money in my opinion. Plus, it seems everyone in my area has installed them, so they're not special at all.

I think you either upgrade to nicer halogen bulbs or pony up for really expensive HID retrofits.

20230801_063643.jpg

calsdad

Reaction score
My experience with aftermarket headlights has been disappointing. I bought projector housings with LED bars from Amazon about 2-1/2 years ago. The clearcoat started peeling after about a year. And a couple of weeks ago one developed an intermittent issue where both high and low beams would come on dimly. I finally traced it to a bad ground circuit internal to the housing. Because these plug into the OEM lamp sockets, they have their own harnesses to connect all the new bulbs and LED bars. The only way to repair them is to open up the housings. I swapped back to OEM and realized how much better they illuminate the road. I guess I was so in love with the look of the aftermarket ones that I convinced myself they were better. They're not. Waste of money in my opinion. Plus, it seems everyone in my area has installed them, so they're not special at all.

I think you either upgrade to nicer halogen bulbs or pony up for really expensive HID retrofits.

View attachment 410321

I don't think all aftermarket is the same. The Morimoto headlights I put in my 2010 Yukon seemed to be high quality - as good or better than OEM. I've had them in there now for at least 2 years and they're still working just fine. I did put clear bra type material over them just to protect the plastic from getting all pitted up like the OEMs were.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Morimotos are in a different price point that most people who own these trucks now are unwilling to pay, so they better be better quality than eBay lights. Also, PPF protects the lenses against UV rays, which is what makes them fail.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think all aftermarket is the same. The Morimoto headlights I put in my 2010 Yukon seemed to be high quality - as good or better than OEM. I've had them in there now for at least 2 years and they're still working just fine. I did put clear bra type material over them just to protect the plastic from getting all pitted up like the OEMs were.
That was my point. The Morimoto are nearly $1k, so they better be good!