2009 PPV with two issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sofi09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all long time reader here great group of like minded enthusiasts... now I need a little help. My 2009 pPV with 187xxx miles is in the shop for two reasons.
1). Sometime it’s a hard start and the dash will say reduced power mode. Barely runs and has no acceleration
I can us the cheap harbor freight scan tool to clean the check engine light the truck will run strong for the duration of the ride and mist likely days afterward.
2). I have no fan speeds on the from HVAC
The rear kicks in and works but the front is dead

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend the affordable scanner of BlueDriver, which works amazing on GM vehicles for about $99. If it’s in the shop, they will likely tell you what’s going on and DIY the issues yourself with the help of this forum.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all long time reader here great group of like minded enthusiasts... now I need a little help. My 2009 pPV with 187xxx miles is in the shop for two reasons.
1). Sometime it’s a hard start and the dash will say reduced power mode. Barely runs and has no acceleration
I can us the cheap harbor freight scan tool to clean the check engine light the truck will run strong for the duration of the ride and mist likely days afterward.
2). I have no fan speeds on the from HVAC
The rear kicks in and works but the front is dead

Thanks all

Do you know what the codes are behind the check engine light?

Sounds similar to what happens with bad accelerator position sensor issue.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Just wondering when was the last time you changed spark plugs?

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Oops..just noticed about clearing the code and then it runs fine. Most likely not the plugs then. ;)

xx_ED_xx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Possible dirty throttle body causing blade to stick, wiring or tps issue. Scanner data is key plus the actual codes

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possible dirty throttle body causing blade to stick, wiring or tps issue. Scanner data is key plus the actual codes
This caused a reduced power issue and strange driveability issues on my PPV. I took the TB off totally and gave it a severe douching, it was really gummed up bad. I also had to replace my throttle position sensor, and I didn't have a Tech2 to learn it in.......so I had to drive it for over a week before it learned the correct parameters. It was a hairy ride, like trying to tame a wild colt at times. I don't recommend doing a TPS that way. :)

OP
OP
Sofi09

Sofi09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all I don’t have the truck back yet. Been at shop for about a week
I’ll provide kore info as I get it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members