2009 Denali 2WD CAI expectations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotfro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm a newbie to the site.

Last October I bought my wife a White Diamond Denali XL 2WD. We love the truck! I took her 2003 Tahoe as my car and traded my Tundra Crewmax 5.7 for the Denali...Aren't I sweet?

I have been told that adding the right CAI on this car will help improve gas mileage. Does anyone have numbers to report?

Also, I've noticed that it's a little hard to find a CAI for this vehicle. 2009-2010's don't show up on some websites. What is a good CAI for a 2009 Denali 2WD?

Thanks!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
MPGs won't be as high as you would like for the price. It is more for better performance due to the air flow. In turn it does provide MPGs but only 1MPG at most. Also depends on how you drive and your other mods.

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same as jenna said your not going to get the mpg's your thinking your going to get. i installed a volant intake on my 08 yukon 5.3 and have noticed the power gains but not much gas mileage gains! if anything its 1/2 an mpg per gallon! but then again i cant stay out of the pedal

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :cheers: and x2 on what Jenna and 1STIMEYUKON said about the CAI. Are you planning on doing any other mods to the Denali? Post some pictures of it if you have a chance to do so :Handshake:

OP
OP
scotfro

scotfro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks

Hey..thanks to all of you for the welcome and information.

CAI is probably all I would do right now to the Denali, but I would like to mod the Tahoe.

It is a stock 5.3 2WD. I am probably about to go with a CAI, new muffler, and tuning. All that's great, but what is the most cost effective way to get this thing to handle better?

It's a 2003 with 95,000 miles and original shocks. The shocks in the back are the mechanical self leveling kind. It has the stock 16" rims and tires.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Hey..thanks to all of you for the welcome and information.

CAI is probably all I would do right now to the Denali, but I would like to mod the Tahoe.

It is a stock 5.3 2WD. I am probably about to go with a CAI, new muffler, and tuning. All that's great, but what is the most cost effective way to get this thing to handle better?

It's a 2003 with 95,000 miles and original shocks. The shocks in the back are the mechanical self leveling kind. It has the stock 16" rims and tires.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

CAI's do not do as much as advertised, but they do help a little. And as stupid as it sounds, it makes the truck more fun to drive in my opinion just from the sound. It does help the "get up and go" as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlshort21