2009 Chevy Tahoe SSV Camper Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaksYT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just get the OEM or direct replacement 7 pin jack. The harness is right behind the bumper with a cap on it. Plugs right in. To get the constant hot and the trailer brake controller connected you have to connect to the two bare studs at the front edge of the under hood fuse panel.

Why the constant hot isn’t already connected is strange to me. It’s coiled up and taped to the side of something a few inches below the master cylinder.
Sweet... seems like easy peasy.

Will be planning on doing it all when we get the Tahoe wrapped. figured will be pulling the rear bumper anyway so while it is getting wrapped, will replace the rear reinforcement bar and put in the trailer 7 pin. do we have a part number for the plug?

MaksYT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have towed a couple things with my SSV, Read the posts on trailer brake wiring all the wiring is there just need to buy a brake controller and pigtail.

Link on wires under the hood and harness.
Just noticed you have the replacement LED front headlights... did you have any issues with water leaking into them? Amazon specials, right?

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed you have the replacement LED front headlights... did you have any issues with water leaking into them? Amazon specials, right?

Amazon specials only set I can find that where no H1 on both and made it look a little modern - the original set water got inside when the department removed the lights and did not cover the holes front and back. I used RV clear silicone on the tops of the lights and have not had any issues.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet... seems like easy peasy.

Will be planning on doing it all when we get the Tahoe wrapped. figured will be pulling the rear bumper anyway so while it is getting wrapped, will replace the rear reinforcement bar and put in the trailer 7 pin. do we have a part number for the plug?
I had a chance to look through my logbook last night. I normally record part numbers. In that case I just said oem replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts