2008 Yukon XL Denali hood open fault/ tow mode, manual mode issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMushu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got a new to me 2008 Denali.

I'm trying to sort through a few bugs that were present but were not mentioned when purchased. The seller is going to fix all issues but I have to troubleshoot before hand.

My cruise isn't working. I have a hood open fault and I'm wondering if that's causing the issue with the cruise.

Which wires can I jump together to get the hood open error to go away? There are three wires. I've searched on google but can't find anything solid.

Also, when I put it in tow mode it runs fine until around 45-55 mph. It doesn't want to shift up. When it does it down shifts back down really hard with rpms really high.

Lastly, it won't go into manual mode. Nothing I do will make it go into manual mode.

OP
OP
M

MrMushu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fixed the hood open fault. Tied the purple and black wires together on the plug side of the harness.

Got a brake sensor switch from the auto parts store and fixed the cruise control.

Still having an issue with tow mode and not going into manual mode.

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tow mode is harsh, how much are you towing?

I towed a 2500 lb trailer up to NY hills and back from PA and tow mode as over kill.

It also wont shift in tow mode if you try to use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972