2008 Tahoe have power loss to certain parts of vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRTG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Tahoe my issue just happened and i think fuses blew when towing my trailer. The front windows wongt go back up, the drivers side directionals dont work, the lift gate window doesnt work.But the rear windows work, the rear gate works and the passenger directionals work.

Last edited:

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trailer shorts can make for weird stuff. I'd check all the fuses for those items you mentioned. Crawl under and look at the wiring harness for the trailer lights as well as the plug itself. Then, I'd replace any fuses that failed and start from there. Something could've sent grounding to the wrong part of the BCM, but I would assume fuses should protect it, but stranger things can happen I suppose.

Others will chime in who may have had similar experiences, or know more than I on the power flow from the BCM to auxiliary items.

OP
OP
J

JRTG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tested all the fuses under the hood and the driver side dash, all fuses are fine. What else could it be?

OP
OP
J

JRTG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could a broken wire at the drivers door cause it? it seems that everything runs through that BRM

OP
OP
J

JRTG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rang out wires in door, they are fine. NO IDEA??????? Left directional front and back dont work, brake lights both side dont work, front windows dont work, hazards work on right side but dont work on the left, and lift gate works but lift gate window does not. All fuses are good and all bulbs are good. NEED HELP. I have limited funds and I am a veteran. Is there anybody out there that can help?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your trailer lights have their own circuits and their own fuses, independent of the body lights, but you could verify that the trailer lighting connector by the hitch is clean inside and there's no corrosion or dirt (as @B-train suggested).

Inspect and clean the grounds that are under the driver's door hinge, on the body mount that's attached to the frame (right behind the left front tire).

Test the fuses for the body lights while the lights are commanded on (turn signal, brakes, etc.) to verify that voltage is actually making it "to" and after the fuses. Use the test points that are exposed on the mini fuses.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe your bcm? pretty sure everything you mentioned is connected to it. Maybe check the wiring connectors on the bcm. Did the trailer lights work when you were towing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65