2008 Tahoe - Aftermarket Bluetooth Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasqid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2008 Tahoe LT. This model has the Bose factory radio with XM, no navigation. I was going to replace the factory radio with a new head unit that has BT, but just became aware of an option to add an aftermarket bluetooth kit to the existing radio. I havent totally ruled out the replacement of the head unit as an option, but this may be less expensive to do.

If anyone with some experience can help me out that has done this, I was wondering if you could share any experience or knowledge on the matter. I found this on crutchfield : http://www.crutchfield.com/p_249BEEBG33/Crux-BEEBG-33-Bluetooth-Interface.html?tp=68488 but the drawback I see is that when using the bluetooth, only the front two speakers will work. While that isnt an issue perhaps while on a call.... Its horrible for playing music via BT.

I found some other types on Amazon but the nitty-gritty details are not available.

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
scosche blue fusion would be an option as long as it has xm satellite.

OP
OP
J

jasqid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nathan, thanx for link! t.s, ill check that out. Yes, my model has XM/Onstar

I know BT is not in factory radios. I was looking at the option to install the aftermarket bluetooth accessories that work with the factory radios. CRUX via crutchfield is soort of a deal breaker. I dont want to stream music through only the front speakers.

doc_sun

Scotcher
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Scosche bluefusion and it works great with all speakers. Tough to find one at a decent price at this point though. You also may want to check out the Costar Bluetooth. A few on here have it and seem to like it.

gibbygsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iSimple TranzitBlu is another option. Works through the fm. One of the nicer units I've installed. Sound is equal to a good fm station. Personally I would replace the radio with an aftermarket unit with BT built in. Little more $ but you gotta weigh the pros and cons.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put one of these in my Wife's Buick Rainier, I really like it. Make sure it works with your radio, I called the company that made it and they were super friendly.

This one uses your XM input to control several functions... like Bluetooth, IPhone/iPod/Android, has an aux cord. The signal is as good as CD, does not use FM modulator (at least mine did not) it is even reasonably easy to use & straight forward installation ...

http://www.amazon.com/iSimple-ISGM6...orr&ymm=2007:chevrolet:tahoe&keywords=iSImple

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65