2008 Ford Crown Victoria P71 SAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I really should do some research on it, see what I could do for a few(cheap)extra ponies

I’m pretty sure you have the P71 airbox and tube with the LX sport if you don’t that’s I think a 10hp gain but you need a tune for that due to the increased airflow, only real hp gain you can do is a tune from Marty but that isn’t cheap comes with a tuner to upload the tune the drivability is so much better after it tho

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure you have the P71 airbox and tube with the LX sport if you don’t that’s I think a 10hp gain but you need a tune for that due to the increased airflow, only real hp gain you can do is a tune from Marty but that isn’t cheap comes with a tuner to upload the tune the drivability is so much better after it tho
Pretty sure it has the same airbox as the Marauder.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been slacking and haven’t updated this in awhile.

After I installed the new wheels/tires I emailed my tuner and he sent me a new tune with the updated tire size so the speedo would read correctly size the Bullitt wheels/tires are like an inch smaller overall, so uploaded the new tune.

IMG_6560.jpeg

Then I had the upgraded front sway bar installed along with those power coated red calipers, I’ll post some up close pics of the calipers.

Then in the quest for a lil more power I picked up a ported/polished plenum, the factory one has a bunch of ridges which they remove and they port the bend a lil so it flows better, no tuning was needed for this, here’s some pics of the plenum, when I replaced it I installed a new OEM Ford EGR valve since it had to be taken off and swapped over and with like 123k on the car at the time thought it was a smart move.

IMG_7331.jpegIMG_7330.jpeg

I ended up with the CHE rear control arms /watts link along with the ARP watts link stud, with these and the front/rear control arms rides like a completely different car.

IMG_7959.jpeg

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The civilian Vic’s and MGM have a few of these rubber sound insulators the P71/P7B don’t have so I picked up a set there’s two for the B pillar as seen in these pics, one behind the rear seat on either side then the rear pillars in front of the rear window.

IMG_7053.jpegIMG_7055.jpeg

Old front sway bar vs the new one

IMG_7078.jpegIMG_6836.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
License plate light lens was yellowed found an OEM one on eBay.

IMG_8637.jpeg

Down the road I’d like to install Town Car seats and since my passenger seat isn’t power I’d need to add a switch so found a NOS door panel out of an LX Sport to have ready for a latter time.

IMG_8688.jpeg

Since the Bullitt wheels poke out a lil bit I decided to try and find some OEM mud flaps scored a NOS set off one of the Vic pages on FB, you can kinda see the red calipers in the closer of the two pics.

IMG_9568.jpegIMG_9563.jpegIMG_9566.jpeg

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the passenger side cats started to rattle so picked up some new Magnaflow assembly’s had them installed and was able to sell the old cats for $250.

IMG_0178.jpeg

The LWB Vics which were primarily taxis had an ashtray in the rear doors all you need to do is remove this panel and they pop in so was able to score the last set available off of FPG I have no intention of them being used just want them cause there super hard to find.

IMG_0530.jpegIMG_0532.jpegIMG_0534.jpeg

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now we are pretty much caught up to where I am now, I decided I’d like to install a trac lok since I’ve got an open diff and at the same time switch out to 3.73 rear gears for quicker acceleration, so over a few months picked up everything needed all parts are Ford or Ford Racing: trac lok, 3.73 gears, gear install kit, axle seals and bearings, aluminum diff cover with drain plug, axles, vent hose, rear brake backing plates, my mechanic started work on it last week but with the brutal heat we had and other jobs he was working on didn’t get much done on it, should get it back this week tho.

IMG_1092.jpeg

And here’s a cool pic from a spot I went hiking at the day before I dropped the car off.

IMG_1112.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989