2008 Denali Goes Much Much Faster!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds ridiculous......can't wait to hear it on my home PC with a good set of speakers!! There is just something about a vehicle with a good cam in it.........Oh I will be seeing Justin in about 5 days.........for my in person tune:D

OP
OP
K_ddsl

K_ddsl

Reaction score
lmao. that's awesome

Thanks!

Sounds ridiculous......can't wait to hear it on my home PC with a good set of speakers!! There is just something about a vehicle with a good cam in it.........Oh I will be seeing Justin in about 5 days.........for my in person tune:D

It does sound mean. Neither iPhone vid nor pc speakers do it justice though.
On partial throttle, it sounds quite menacing and on WOT it simply scares people out of the way! :D

And about Justin, you are gonna absolutely love it! It'll feel like a totally different truck.
That is especially true if he's gonna tune your TCM.

I'll try to get some vids of drive bys and standing acceleration soon.

nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

OP
OP
K_ddsl

K_ddsl

Reaction score
I actually just emailed Vibrant to see if there ultra quiet resonator suppresses sound better than the OE one I have.
I still have the stock muffle and resonator on there and it is a tad too loud. I am looking at options to quiet it down a bit without loosing flow or power.
Will update.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Bruteforce intake on my truck Friday. I can definitely feel a difference and I love the sound when you give it some gas. Between the intake and BB tune, my truck is running strong and fast. I even think the intake helped with my gas mileage a bit. I'm getting another mile per gallon on the highway and city seems to have a little too.

I kinda ran into the same issue you did with the intake going into the box. The clamp is almost exactly lined up with the hole so it's kinda hard to tighten the screw. But I didn't end up having to cut the intake. Overall, it's great. Thanks for your help. BTW, is there a reason why you chose the Bruteforce over the other brands? I kinda flip flopped between a Volant and Airaid. Bruteforce wasn't even an option but when I saw I could get it for $235 shipped, I jumped on it. I figured I'll save at least $40-50 over the Airaid and Volant and they all serve the same function so I didn't think it would make a big difference.

OP
OP
K_ddsl

K_ddsl

Reaction score
Sounds really good man. When the final tune is done Youl have to get a speedo video.

Thanks and will do!
I did I dyno pull today and shot a video of the whole thing! :D
I sent the Dynojet file to Justin and hopefully that will help him dial it in more precisely as I included the AFR ratio.

Even before the final tune, results are quite good!

Once everything is dialled in, I will post some acceleration vids.

Already had a couple of mini-races with a couple of cars that just didn't know what hit 'em. The look on their faces as they were being overtaken was priceless!

I got the Bruteforce intake on my truck Friday. I can definitely feel a difference and I love the sound when you give it some gas. Between the intake and BB tune, my truck is running strong and fast. I even think the intake helped with my gas mileage a bit. I'm getting another mile per gallon on the highway and city seems to have a little too.

I kinda ran into the same issue you did with the intake going into the box. The clamp is almost exactly lined up with the hole so it's kinda hard to tighten the screw. But I didn't end up having to cut the intake. Overall, it's great. Thanks for your help. BTW, is there a reason why you chose the Bruteforce over the other brands? I kinda flip flopped between a Volant and Airaid. Bruteforce wasn't even an option but when I saw I could get it for $235 shipped, I jumped on it. I figured I'll save at least $40-50 over the Airaid and Volant and they all serve the same function so I didn't think it would make a big difference.

I'm glad it gave you no pains. The sound is awesome :D.

Justin at Black Bear recommended the AEM intake as his number one choice, over K&N and AirRaid in that order. Volant wasn't on his list of recommendations.

Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts