2007 Yukon XL - Rear defrost coils detach

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Debbie Schiltz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a used 2007 Yukon XL (less than 3 months ago). In the short time that I have owned this vehicle, the rear defrost cables have become detached at least 4 times now. The dealer has been re-attaching them each time and they have even replaced the rear glass. As you can guess - taking the truck back to the dealer each time this happens is frustrating and time consuming. Does anyone have a permanent fix for this issue? I live in the midwest where we currently have below zero temps - I would really like to have functioning rear defrost! Thanks in advance for your help!

PaulS63

Reaction score
I finally took it to a glass shop, had the put a new window in it. Been OK for 2 years now

Boyntonx2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stretch out the wires so that when you open the rear glass they don't pull. Its a common problem. On my suburban I ended up using a piece of electrical tape. And now that I have my yukon that doesn't have the problem yet, I stretched the wires out and also try very hard to remember to use the hatch instead. For me it's more important to have the defrost working than using the glass

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on 'stretching' the coils in the wire out. I would also try a piece of heat shrink for electrical wire over the connection. It might grab enough of the tab to keep the connector from coming off.

I had the opposite issue in my Tahoe, that tabs themselves kept getting pulled off. I dunno what they used, but when I had the windows tinted they used a silver epoxy and never had an issue afterwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qurba55