2007 Tahoe/Weird clunking when gas is pressed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

1. Slip yoke on the front of the rear drive shaft going into the transmission.
2. Motor mounts
3. Front differential support mounts (This was the cause of my clunk issue - replaced the 2 mount arms and bushings, each sold as one unit)

2010ppv03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First time I drove my 2010 Tahoe, I could swear up and down the noise was coming from the rear end. Turns out, the motor mounts need replacing. I did purchase the hummer H3 motor mounts with the solid rubber.
Easy way to check, open the hood, start the vehicle, put in drive, hold one foot on brake and hit the gas, you will see your engine move and hear the clunk at the same time. Got the motor mounts off Amazon.
GM Genuine Parts 25847739 Engine Mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010GPIUB...abc_GGEFKDH3B6WJ8CM6KJEV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Good luck

Streborel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got a 2007 Chevy Tahoe with 177Xxx , When I’m driving on the highway & I let off the gas and repress it, it will make a weird clunk noise.
I’ve searched everywhere online and can’t find anything about it.
its only when I’m in drive and it only does it sometimes.
sometimes it has a delay when I press the gas and then when I end up having power.
Absolutely motor mount.

retiredsparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned above, the transfer case can also cause this noise. There is a large chain in the case that transfers power to the back and front differentials. That chain can wear and stretch, causing a clunking noise.

This possibility does not rule out the motor mounts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts