2007 Tahoe Heater Hose - Quick Connect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 Tahoe had the heater hose quick connect break and I was going to replace but my dis-connect tool doesn't seem to work worth a darn on it.

It seems like it should be pretty straight forward but not working out that way. It's the black connector not the white one.

Is there a trick or something I am missing on this procedure?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have luck with those either, I always wind up having to break the plastic pieces that hold the keeper in place with side cutters or needle nose pliers or even a large pick tool or flathead screwdriver.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Attn: Plimbob

See the following link:

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/gruven-heater-core-t-connectors.107087/page-13#post-1302085

Post # 126:

NO special tool required, need following 3 actions to remove Quick Connect (QC):
1) Push QC toward firewall
2) Squeeze White tabs with Thumb and index finger
3) Pull the QC

Action-3 has some trick, the white tabs could be stuck on the heater core inlet/outlet pipe barb, it will be very difficult to perform Squeeze & Pull by one hand. So you may need a 2nd hand or a helper to perform Action-3.

It may help removing the fittings by spraying some WD-40 between White tab and heater core inlet/outlet pipe.

Post # 128:

Please see the following pictures, 2 people’s job, one squeezes the white tabs, and the other one pulls the string.

Is there a trick or something I am missing on this procedure?