2007 Tahoe dead battery, door making clicking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thuhreb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Battery was dead this morning & doors are making a clicking noise once I connect battery charger to it. It's not seeming to charge at all, probably due to whatever's trying to happen when I hear that clicking noise. Vin number says it has a BCM reprogram recall for battery drain but dealership says that has been done to this one already. When I connect my battery charger I begin hearing a clicking noise every couple seconds in the door. I think that is keeping the battery from being able to get charged. I just disconnected the rest of the electrical system to get the battery charged up some. The inside door handles were replaced last week due to a factory recall. I know they had to take the door panels off to access. I wonder if something got messed up in the wiring from that job causing the doors to continuously try to lock or unlock making that clicking noise. Any ideas?

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try disconnecting the battery from the vehicle and then hooking your charger up?

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it sounds like they messed up something
what ever is clicking is obviously is causing the drain
take that bad boy back to the dealership and tell them the screwed up something replacing the doorhandles

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thuhreb,

I understand that you had to visit your local dealership recently and now you are experiencing a new vehicle issue. I am sorry to hear this and I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message if I can be of further assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care