2007 suburban and tahoe converting from 7 passenger to 9 passenger questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuzz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We currently have a 2007 suburban ltz and 2007 tahoe ltz. We are expecting another child and are needing to go from 7 passenger to 8 but preferably We want to make the front seat the bench also using factory equipment. That being said , the console back has the rear ac controls built into it. Is it as easy as splicing wires (which is what I do for a living) and making them longer and buying the overhead unit or am I missing something? Has anyone ever done this? I've waited since 2007 to get this exact one and I don't want to part ways with it to buy a different vehicle

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Are you asking if the 2nd row a/c control can be moved back to the third row?

Yes, the front console of the driver/pass seats can be swapped to the jump seat from a truck or another Burb (harder to find). The front jump seat is lap belt only though.

That being said , the console back has the rear ac controls built into it. Is it as easy as splicing wires (which is what I do for a living) and making them longer and buying the overhead unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
F

Fuzz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you asking if the 2nd row a/c control can be moved back to the third row?

Yes, the front console of the driver/pass seats can be swapped to the jump seat from a truck or another Burb (harder to find). The front jump seat is lap belt only though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I put a jump seat in the front. I removed the ac control panel from the console along with the Amp. I still have to buy the overhead console but I think I can do it from what I have now. Thanks

87chels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put a jump seat in the front. I removed the ac control panel from the console along with the Amp. I still have to buy the overhead console but I think I can do it from what I have now. Thanks

Update when you get it done i want to eventually do same thing to ours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01