2007 Suburban 2nd gear vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stocksj

Reaction score
Hi, I getting some slight vibrations in my 07 Suburban when down shifting going through 2nd gear. The new to me SUV has 149k miles. Otherwise drives great. No issues accelerating up through the gears. Could this be a electronic issue or is the transmission starting to go?

Thanks

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I getting some slight vibrations in my 07 Suburban when down shifting going through 2nd gear. The new to me SUV has 149k miles. Otherwise drives great. No issues accelerating up through the gears. Could this be a electronic issue or is the transmission starting to go?

Thanks
Set your DIC to show if you’re in V8 or V4 mode and see if the shudder lines up with the switch to V4. My guess is you’re feeling when the AFM is shifting from V8 to V4 mode.

OP
OP
stocksj

stocksj

Reaction score
Hi, I did some checks today on the drive home and that looks to be the problem. When in V4 slowing down the vibrations start. What’s the best fix? Delete the DOD? Or could it be a solenoid in the transmission?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I did some checks today on the drive home and that looks to be the problem. When in V4 slowing down the vibrations start. What’s the best fix? Delete the DOD? Or could it be a solenoid in the transmission?

Delete tune or bypass it with a Range device in the OBD port.

OP
OP
stocksj

stocksj

Reaction score
After a good bit of thinking and getting tired of listening to the transmission shuttering I bought the Qzucar AFM delete module. Installed it this morning and took a test drive, Now I know how the Suburban is susposed to drive. rides nice and I feel I can "get on it" without feeling the transmission may break. I paid $115 for it on Amazon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia