2007 SSV Optimal Wheel Backspacing and offset for 35/12.50's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric P

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What would the Optimal Wheel Backspacing and offset be for 35/12.50's on 17.s ? 2007 SSV Tahoe 3.5 in lift with front and rear bumpers trimmed up for clearance

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need to do alot of trimming to fit 35 12.5s with that low of a lift. The more the offset pushes the tires out the wider the scrub radius will be and the more trimming you will need to do. To little offset and they will scrub control arms and sway bar. I have stock rims on mine norcal trimming on pinchweld and front of liner behind bumper trimmed alot. 3.5 knuckle lift for trucks. with no wheel spacers the 35s hit control arm and sway bar but clears the body. With half inch spacers and ford lug studs it clears control arm and barely touches sway bar at full lock but scrubs pinchweld area hard when at full turn and suspension compressed at same time. worse on passenger side than driver side. That's about best balance to minimize rubbing so a offset that is about a half inch further out than stock rims I can't remember stock offset right now

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Sorry I guess I missed this post... My rig has a 4 inch Rancho lift running 35's on 17 x 8 rims with 5.5 inches of wheel backspacing. Total backspacing is 6.5 inches. I had very minimal rubbing and it took maybe 5 minutes of trimming to correct it.

OP
OP
E

Eric P

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You will need to do alot of trimming to fit 35 12.5s with that low of a lift. The more the offset pushes the tires out the wider the scrub radius will be and the more trimming you will need to do. To little offset and they will scrub control arms and sway bar. I have stock rims on mine norcal trimming on pinchweld and front of liner behind bumper trimmed alot. 3.5 knuckle lift for trucks. with no wheel spacers the 35s hit control arm and sway bar but clears the body. With half inch spacers and ford lug studs it clears control arm and barely touches sway bar at full lock but scrubs pinchweld area hard when at full turn and suspension compressed at same time. worse on passenger side than driver side. That's about best balance to minimize rubbing so a offset that is about a half inch further out than stock rims I can't remember stock offset right now

Sorry I guess I missed this post... My rig has a 4 inch Rancho lift running 35's on 17 x 8 rims with 5.5 inches of wheel backspacing. Total backspacing is 6.5 inches. I had very minimal rubbing and it took maybe 5 minutes of trimming to correct it.
I scored a set of 17x9 Pro Comp alloys with 4 3/4 back spacing and I bought a set of 315/70 Nitto Ridge Grapplers which are about 34.5 in diameter and 11.5 in wide.... I am cutting the front skirt off like Bill1960 did on his and I will do the nor cal mod as well...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low