2007 retired Police fleet Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sanco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ufff i thought we were ******* our squad cars, I would guess that was a pool car that sat around mostly, nice transformation so far!

OP
OP
B

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
Got a center console for it today and its installed. So nice. Now I dont feel like im about to fall out of the seat.
Ordered new ac delco upstream o2 sensors and changed the oil on it today.

Its pretty nasty on the inside, Im sure it would light up like a firework show with Luminal.

The motor is so smooth. Cant even tell its running.

Everyone keeps telling me to paint it. Hey you should paint it purple, or hey you need to paint it desert camo brown or hey paint it all red.

Im like Hey *******. I like it just the way it is. Thats partly why I bought it.

Ive always loved the black and white look.

Just screams industrial machine in every way.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's AMAZING what a big difference that console makes, right? We noticed it, too. Although when we first got it, the missing console came in handy when we went out to have dinner with my brother in-law. I rode in the back, and everyone got out and started walking into the restaurant. I then discovered the rear inside door latches weren't connected. =8-0

I just stepped through the gap between the front seats and got out that way.

One of our other cars is a 92 B4C 1LE ex-TxDPS Camaro that got painted a nasty metallic blue. When I'm done with the restomod project on our 86 SVO, it's next. First up will be to restore the original black and white paint scheme.

OP
OP
B

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
It's AMAZING what a big difference that console makes, right? We noticed it, too. Although when we first got it, the missing console came in handy when we went out to have dinner with my brother in-law. I rode in the back, and everyone got out and started walking into the restaurant. I then discovered the rear inside door latches weren't connected. =8-0

I just stepped through the gap between the front seats and got out that way.

One of our other cars is a 92 B4C 1LE ex-TxDPS Camaro that got painted a nasty metallic blue. When I'm done with the restomod project on our 86 SVO, it's next. First up will be to restore the original black and white paint scheme.

Thats awesome
Love the Texas DPS colors on vehicles.

Ive made a couple of old foxbody coupes and painted them DPS colors, also painted a old 4dr fairmont DPS colors and had a 5.0 in it.

OP
OP
B

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
ReplaceD oil pressure sensor, knocked that out in about 20 mins on my lunch break, Then Friday after work I replaced the upstream O2 sensors then started the relearn and the darn thing was still popping the O2 sensor fuse, put the Tahoe back on the rack started following the wires from the loom on the transmission and discovered that about a 1 foot long section of wire loom was just gone and exposing several small wires that were just laying on the transmission case.
About 4 of those wires had small black arc marks on them.
Made some tedious wire repair and wrapped everything back up with new loom.
replaced O2 fuse for the 4th time and am now almost 25 miles into the moniter reset.
Down to just 2 not readies.
As soon as I get the last 2 moniters ready I will be able to pass the States OBD.

Yes

Also while I had it on the rack changed out the rear diff fluid and zip tied some other wires up.

So far this has been super easy to work on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
Spent some time waxing this thing, prob first time it has ever been waxed, also spent a couple of house using rubbing compound on the doors, especially near the prisoner doors. Looked like a few handcuff rashes on the rear doors.

IMG_5845.JPG IMG_5847.JPG