2007 escalade high beams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 3 years of owning my escalade, I just realized that my high beams are not working unless if my headlights are on.

If lights are off, and I try the high beams, I get nothing. If headlights are switched on and I try high beams, then they work. Is this a fuse issue?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are Bi-Xenon. One bulb does both.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After 3 years of owning my escalade, I just realized that my high beams are not working unless if my headlights are on.

If lights are off, and I try the high beams, I get nothing. If headlights are switched on and I try high beams, then they work. Is this a fuse issue?
with the light switch off, you have to pull the blinker handle towards you in order to get a flash to pass, pushing it forward for high beams without the lights on does nothing.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with the light switch off, you have to pull the blinker handle towards you in order to get a flash to pass, pushing it forward for high beams without the lights on does nothing.
Yes, This is what I'm doing. With light switch off, my high beams wont flash if I push the blinker handle towards me.

But if my light switch is on, then my high beams will flash

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*pull, push is pushing
other than that either the escalades are somehow different or maybe a issue with the bulb, are you sure you have both high & low beam function?
see what it say's in the owners manual.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Flash to pass is pulling the left stalk back toward the wheel. Obviously, high beams don’t stay on.

High beams are turned on when you push the left stalk away from the steering wheel. They stay on until you manually pull it back.

Does your blue high beam indicator light up when you do flash to pass or turn on high beams?

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flash to pass is pulling the left stalk back toward the wheel. Obviously, high beams don’t stay on.

High beams are turned on when you push the left stalk away from the steering wheel. They stay on until you manually pull it back.

Does your blue high beam indicator light up when you do flash to pass or turn on high beams?
I am sorry guys. You all stand correct.

So when my headlights are off, my flash to pass do not work.

When my headlights are on, the flash to pass do work.

Is this normal on the escalade or do i have something wrong.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headlights off, do you have key in the on position? Because I see this setting in BTDieselworks' AutoSync (aftermarket device, get one you'll love it)
No idea if the setting applies to the Escalade..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Headlights - Flash-To-Pass w/ IGN-OFF​

This setting determines whether the flash-to-pass function (ie, when you pull the turn signal stalk back towards you for momentary high beams) works when the ignition is in the OFF position.

Not Allowed = flash-to-pass only allowed with ignition in ON/RUN (factory)

Allowed = flash-to-pass allowed in all ignition positions, including when the vehicle is fully off/key-out.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Do your truck turn on the headlights automatically at night or have that feature with the little bubble on the center dash?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpark1975