2007 chevy tahoe LTZ check engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha you’re right. I got mine from Amazon and the box was so beat up they re-taped it to death. Thankfully us old guys still carry pocket knives.

OP
OP
FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ACDelco 214-2341 GM Original Equipment Vapor Canister Vent Valve, it took longer to take the spare down then it did to replace the valve. Super quick. Disconnected battery after the repair and code cleared. Yepa!!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ACDelco 214-2341 GM Original Equipment Vapor Canister Vent Valve, it took longer to take the spare down then it did to replace the valve. Super quick. Disconnected battery after the repair and code cleared. Yepa!!!
make sure you give it a couple days to "self check", the code could come back in a day or two if that wasn't for the sure the problem, when it is colder in the morning and you first start the truck and drive it a mile or or two is when the code could resurface, what I am saying is since you cleared the code it may not detect a vacuum leak again until it does the vacuum process again, engine temp has to be below a certain threshold @swathdiver I think has it noted because he had a small vacuum leak also. keep your fingers crossed, I would say if the code does not come back by the 3rd day then your good to go.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make sure you give it a couple days to "self check", the code could come back in a day or two if that wasn't for the sure the problem, when it is colder in the morning and you first start the truck and drive it a mile or or two is when the code could resurface, what I am saying is since you cleared the code it may not detect a vacuum leak again until it does the vacuum process again, engine temp has to be below a certain threshold @swathdiver I think has it noted because he had a small vacuum leak also. keep your fingers crossed, I would say if the code does not come back by the 3rd day then your good to go.

Yep, P0442, no leak between vent and purge, comes on after 16th or 18th ignition cycle, usually overnight after running those tests. Gotta buy a smoke machine, eventually, other things are taking priority to this annoyance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcutter004

Latest posts