2007 Calipers on a 2001

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenyken

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have found a few posts starting can use the calipers and rotors off a 2007 Tahoe on my 2001 Suburban. I only have 16" rims and know the bigger setup won't clear my rims. Can I use my rotors with those calipers? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 07+ rotors are 13 inch, Yours are 12 inch so they will not work. If you ever get bigger wheels the 07 brake upgrade is a great upgrade.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ What he said. You can swap it over, but you will need the rotor, and the complete caliper with the mounting bracket. You will need at least 17" wheels though. I've been thinking about doing this upgrade myself since I have the 2010 GMC 17's on my Burban. But I just rebuilt all my brakes back in 2013 with drilled and slotted rotors, and Wagner Ceramic pads, and neither the pads or rotors look like they need replacing any time soon.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like already mentioned, need the '07+ bigger rotors and shoes to pair up with the calipers! I'm in the process of doing this someday in the future and buying parts slowly, just have the calipers right now!

Drivers side: ACDelco 18FR2247
Passengers side: ACDelco 18FR2246

OP
OP
K

Kenyken

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The calipers above are on sale through Amazon right now and less than a hundred bucks for the pair. I don't need brakes or tires, so I doubt I do the upgrade anytime soon. I just hate driving in the city with my burb's braking ability. If I had 17" rims I would def pull the trigger though. Thanks everyone!

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The calipers above are on sale through Amazon right now and less than a hundred bucks for the pair. I don't need brakes or tires, so I doubt I do the upgrade anytime soon. I just hate driving in the city with my burb's braking ability. If I had 17" rims I would def pull the trigger though. Thanks everyone!

Link? I tried looking, thanks

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only problem with the Amazon link is that you have to return a core to get the rebate, core has to be the same brake caliper type you purchased!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjbaker84