2007-2014 Tahoe Picture Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

breds2k

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Snuck in here with with a new to me as February 2022, 2007 RWD 150k 2007, has had a ton of work done. Looking to gain as much info as possible through the forums on preventative driveway repairs to get another 5-10 years with this truck. Overpaid a bit for it out of texas but its super clean and rust free.

Needs:
Top of the windshield chips repaired (small little rust chips)
Slight manifold leak - will get Speed Engineering Long Tubes in the spring
Wheels- will get 24's in the spring. Even for a texas truck the wheels are still peeling and one has a slow bead leak.
Front leather seats, both are ripped on the back portion not the lower (or a new leather cover)
Valve cover gasket (leaking but not dripping yet)

Already done:
Rebuilt trans/converter
Rear main seal
Oil pan pickup tube
305/45R22 tires
New Alternator
New front end quick struts im assuming by selling dealership (z55 removed, truck will get belltech struts in the spring for a 2" drop or so, and ill keep the rear air ride)
New tensioner/belt
Fixed coolant lines/t fitting
New endlinks
New brake switch (fixed cruise control)
New Throttle position sensor (limp mode/TPS codes that came intermittently)
Led conversion
Cold air intake
Borla Exhaust with no resonator
All lights converted to LED
12"sub 1000w amp

Future plans:
HP Tune/Longtubes/24's/2-3 drop/cathedral tails

Love the truck so far, done almost every repair with local parts which is what I love. No wait on anything. Dont mind using chevy generic/tahoe parts either as they can be more than 50-70% less cost. I never experience the z55/z95 suspension new so im not missing anything yet.

312736209_10167019891595088_9035707660396506620_n.jpg

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snuck in here with with a new to me as February 2022, 2007 RWD 150k 2007, has had a ton of work done. Looking to gain as much info as possible through the forums on preventative driveway repairs to get another 5-10 years with this truck. Overpaid a bit for it out of texas but its super clean and rust free.

Needs:
Top of the windshield chips repaired (small little rust chips)
Slight manifold leak - will get Speed Engineering Long Tubes in the spring
Wheels- will get 24's in the spring. Even for a texas truck the wheels are still peeling and one has a slow bead leak.
Front leather seats, both are ripped on the back portion not the lower (or a new leather cover)
Valve cover gasket (leaking but not dripping yet)

Already done:
Rebuilt trans/converter
Rear main seal
Oil pan pickup tube
305/45R22 tires
New Alternator
New front end quick struts im assuming by selling dealership (z55 removed, truck will get belltech struts in the spring for a 2" drop or so, and ill keep the rear air ride)
New tensioner/belt
Fixed coolant lines/t fitting
New endlinks
New brake switch (fixed cruise control)
New Throttle position sensor (limp mode/TPS codes that came intermittently)
Led conversion
Cold air intake
Borla Exhaust with no resonator
All lights converted to LED
12"sub 1000w amp

Future plans:
HP Tune/Longtubes/24's/2-3 drop/cathedral tails

Love the truck so far, done almost every repair with local parts which is what I love. No wait on anything. Dont mind using chevy generic/tahoe parts either as they can be more than 50-70% less cost. I never experience the z55/z95 suspension new so im not missing anything yet.

View attachment 387022
Congrats and welcome! That's real clean for a 2007. Dry country is the way to go. The L92 is legendary - strong, reliable, easy to maintain. For the valve covers, I recommend getting a Dorman updated replacement for the driver's side. It's inexpensive, well made, and fixes the PCV problem that the engines of that time period have that leads to stuck rings. For the pax side, keep the original cover and use an OEM gasket because the Fel-pro is inferior - a rare miss for them.

Manifold leaks are common - the manifold bolts will pop a head off after a while so when you install the long tubes, use ARP manifold bolts. They're super easy to get to with the fender liners out - also an easy step. Before you decide on which headers, look around here a bit - lots of experience with several brands and some folks find that the drone on some of them on the highway is unpleasant.

For the seat leather, The Seat Shop makes quality stuff.

breds2k

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ill check that updated cover out, i just saw that in a video recently and was assuming it would apply. Id like to sand them and paint them maybe a red or something as well. Going to do plugs/wires/coils at the same time as well. I have a terrible flutter/ticking type noise thats VERY random. Its not happening now, and just comes and goes. had a buddy look at it whos a mechanic and told me i needed wires/coils and just to do em all because of age, the noise was electrical, its not aynthing in the head.

And ive seen the seat shop but im just reluctant to pay $500 for two seat backs... Been looking for other options but havent found much.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill check that updated cover out, i just saw that in a video recently and was assuming it would apply. Id like to sand them and paint them maybe a red or something as well. Going to do plugs/wires/coils at the same time as well. I have a terrible flutter/ticking type noise thats VERY random. Its not happening now, and just comes and goes. had a buddy look at it whos a mechanic and told me i needed wires/coils and just to do em all because of age, the noise was electrical, its not aynthing in the head.

And ive seen the seat shop but im just reluctant to pay $500 for two seat backs... Been looking for other options but havent found much.
You can usually find seats on car-part.com in good shape for pretty cheap also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purolator