2006 yukon Denali brake switch problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Tanuis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my 2006 yukon Denali started having an issue out of the blue, everytime I depress the brake pedal, service ABS/Stabilitrak and both corresponding dash lights illuminate. I am getting 2 different codes read from my snap-on Solus ultra. C0131 and c0283. C0131 is the pressure switch on the modulator. C0283 I am assuming is a secondary code due to the first code saying the VSES mode switch malfunction, probably because it can see it is not getting a response. The odd part is I replaced the pressure sensor with genuine GM part. No success. The next odd part is while scrolling through the data display on the solus i was able to see the brake switch, (while depressed) seemed to toggle from on-off-on-off and so on... not an uncommon issue for these trucks so I ordered one from my local Napa, installed and still to no avail, except now on the solus when the pedal is depressed I get zero response. I have witnessed part store products fail out of the box so I called the local dealership and ordered an OEM switch and will pick it up tomorrow and see what happens. Also, brake lights work as they should, no electrical components (fuses/relays) seem to be malfunctioning. If anyone has any insight please chime in!

OP
OP
James Tanuis

James Tanuis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE: installed new OEM brake switch and still no action from the brake switch on the scan tool. Brake lights operate normally. Only thing that doesn’t seem to operate correctly is the brake switch putting out a signal or the signal is being interrupted.

2001Suburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my 2006 yukon Denali started having an issue out of the blue, everytime I depress the brake pedal, service ABS/Stabilitrak and both corresponding dash lights illuminate. I am getting 2 different codes read from my snap-on Solus ultra. C0131 and c0283. C0131 is the pressure switch on the modulator. C0283 I am assuming is a secondary code due to the first code saying the VSES mode switch malfunction, probably because it can see it is not getting a response. The odd part is I replaced the pressure sensor with genuine GM part. No success. The next odd part is while scrolling through the data display on the solus i was able to see the brake switch, (while depressed) seemed to toggle from on-off-on-off and so on... not an uncommon issue for these trucks so I ordered one from my local Napa, installed and still to no avail, except now on the solus when the pedal is depressed I get zero response. I have witnessed part store products fail out of the box so I called the local dealership and ordered an OEM switch and will pick it up tomorrow and see what happens. Also, brake lights work as they should, no electrical components (fuses/relays) seem to be malfunctioning. If anyone has any insight please chime in!
You should really try about checking all the grounds on the Front by the radiator I had the same problem And all the grounds on the vehicle

Kreion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Were you able to figure this out? I have the same exact two codes. No lights on dash except “service stability” message which shows soon as I put the truck in gear (don’t even have to be moving).

06avalanchemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Were you able to figure this out? I have the same exact two codes. No lights on dash except “service stability” message which shows soon as I put the truck in gear (don’t even have to be moving).
I have these codes as well. Did you find a fix?

06avalanchemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE: installed new OEM brake switch and still no action from the brake switch on the scan tool. Brake lights operate normally. Only thing that doesn’t seem to operate correctly is the brake switch putting out a signal or the signal is being interrupted.
I have these codes on 06 avalanche. Did you find a fix?

Kreion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have these codes as well. Did you find a fix?
So my cruise control doesnt activate and I replaced the brake light switch in hopes of it fixing it. Instead it fixed my "service stability" message and c0131.

I replaced the brake switch in 2017 so I assumed it was still fairly new. I think it was a duralast part. Swapped with GM for $16. No issues with bake lights on old part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz