2006 Suburban Sub in factory location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have the factory sub and I am not sure why a Tahoe sub will not fit in the factory location. i cannot seem to find a premade or formed box to fit in this location. Will the Tahoe factory sub fit in this location. I have looked behind the rear cover and there is plenty of room, the only thing that I see might be as an issue is the back of the fuel filler lines. Any ideas or known of any others that have been able to fit something in there? I am even up to getting a factory sub and replacing the woofer.

bahollis

Lead Foot
Reaction score
MTX Makes a box that fits that over the tire space. I don't know how well it works though.

Just Google Tahoe Sub Box... it will come up. It's about $300.

BH

OP
OP
riso79

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MTX tells me that they do not make one for the Yukon XL or suburban. I dont know why considering the back of my suburban has more room. Any thoughts whu it wouldnt fit?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't fit because of the gas tank fill tube/neck. You will have to find a factory sub enclosure from a Suburban or Yukon XL to fit in there.

OP
OP
riso79

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem is what years factory subs will work? From what I have been able to find they were not available on the 2003-2006 body style. I dont understand it since I have the grille for it (minus the slits) and behind the plastic just empty space.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't available after 2002, then find a 2000-2002 Burban or Yukon XL in the junkyard to get the factory sub box from. I see them in the junkyards here all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10