2006 4x4 6 inch Rough Country and 35 BFGs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my wife wanted some rims and tires for her birthday. I wasn't going to twist torsion bars and just level it out so a 6 inch lift, American Racing Wheels, and some 35s are in order. THE RC lift is a nice set up. Only major issue was the shock extensions in the rear would have never fit and popular opinion is the tie rod stiffeners are a waste of 50 bucks. I was planning on buying the 6"+ shocks anyways but was waiting to take a measurement. I bounced down for an alignment and got the rear RC shocks a couple days later. AMP steps are going on it right now and we should be on the road tomorrow. Cut a little plastic but zero rub. Of course there is always gears, programmers, larger brakes and all kinds of fancy stuff to do, but the bank account is taking a deep breath first!!! Mommy's Little Monster Truck!

T1.jpg T2.jpg T4.jpg T5.jpg T6.jpg

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RCX NTD kit was the first great RC lift kit IMO. I have 4 ot 5 years of "pavement princess" with mine and never had any issues.

Truck looks great. Mine started at the 6" lift, 2 years later got the keys indexed and 1.5" coil spacers. Now it's down for a 2"-3" body lift and 37's lol

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard was it doing the lift on jackstands? I'm planning on putting my RC NTD on (with keys) next weekend if everything goes right.

OP
OP
Brian H

Brian H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How hard was it doing the lift on jackstands? I'm planning on putting my RC NTD on (with keys) next weekend if everything goes right.

It wasn't too bad. Have at least 3 jack stands with you too keep the jack mobile. If you are doing a four wheel drive there is a bit of cutting and drilling. Cutting the large bolt hole tab off the body of the differential required a friend and I to read and watch the instructions 6 times before doing it, but it works. Good sawzall blades and drill bits required. Make sure and have pry bars, a bull pin for alignment and a sledge on hand. Also my shock extensions were a horrible fit and I didn't use them. Might need a plan B if you are but it could have also just been the extension holes or Tahoe holes drilled in the wrong direction by a half inch with no room for much mod. Good luck. Oh yeah I tore a front CV boot too and of course didn't see it until all together and flinging grease! I think that there is when I broke even on if I had just paid to have it installed!!! Busted knuckles make the project more authentic. This summer the Tahoe will be getting in the pic a little more!

s1.jpg