2005 Z71-My driveway bodywork after accident

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raserx63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So ,back in June ,a local "Park Ranger" vehicle blew a red light and hit my passenger side fender and front bumper. Since I paid 2600.00 for this truck , I don't carry collision on it and the county parks department refuses to pay for the damages. But , thats a whole other story. Anyhoo ,rather than go with the 3k bodyshop estimate , I sourced the parts and had at it myself. The fender isn't a perfect color match but at least its not smashed! W wally.jpgAUTO RITE.jpgIMG_5188.jpgIMG_5199.jpgIMG_5244.jpg

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice later down the road if it starts bugging you a fender respray wont be much. well around me its not too bad for a single piece respray. 100 for a oem spoiler on a civic and 400 for a hood respray. still saving a bunch of money fixing it yourself even if you do have it color matched

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like some good work happened in your driveway.

I tell my kids that if they can learn to fix things themselves, they can save some money and end up being able to have some nice things.

Now - About those wheels.....They look great, but my OCD noticed the GMC centers on that Chevy Tahoe.o_O

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job, saved a bunch there. I bet you could get that fender sprayed for a couple hundred especially right now because body shops are S L O W since people aren’t driving much. My buddy owns a shop and he’s been dead in the water for a couple months, just trying to get by.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great job! And, you saved some serious money.

And, if you ever have to disassemble any of those front end parts again in the future, say for a mod or a repair, you've already broken through and removed any rust that may have accumulated on all of those bolts and fasteners over the years.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645