2005 Yukon - Steering Wheel switch/lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only switches lit on my steering wheel are 'Source', 'Seek', and the "i" ( lower right).

I am going to find out if they ALL are supposed to be lit, and if so, the "safe way" to pop out switches / change bulbs (?).

Suggestions will be helpful..... as I search the wonderful internet.

Yukon steering wheel switch lights.jpg

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea - yea-..... Ok..... So I pulled the trigger before I aimed....

You Tube..... Answered my question. The light is in the switch housing.
Popping out the switch is the easy part but, and then, the wire harness is too short to disconnect / reconnect a new switch in a 2005 ?

So, disconnect the negative battery, a slim pin into a little hole on each side of airbag to pull out - unplug & remove it.
Carefully lay airbag ( facing up) on towel - not near you)

Pull switch wires out toward it's designated switch for slack to change switch.
( Bottom switches are said to be the shortest length wire due to switch location)

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve done this multiple times. It’s pretty easy to take the airbag out and slack the wires. But taking the wheel off so you can push them out from the back is a lot easier. And taking the wheel off is pretty simple. I have swapped wheels twice and it’s pretty easy. All switches are supposed to be lit. I had mine swapped for LEDs that match the LEDs in my cluster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne