2005 Yukon SLT with factory Radio and console subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssrobzoom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have noise coming from my Subwoofer with the Factory Radio either off or on. You can heard a rumbling noise coming from the Subwoofer with the volume low and or the radio turned off. Anyone ever had this issue to suggest an remedy?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does your subwoofer have its own amp, separate from the amp driving your door and post speakers?

Was your subwoofer running without the rumble noise, and then suddenly started the rumble noise?

OP
OP
S

ssrobzoom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes it has a seperate amp and rumbles with the radio off or on.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it rumble with the ignition switch 'on', but the motor not running?

OP
OP
S

ssrobzoom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I finally got around to removing the console to research why my subwoofer was making a noise but it turns out to be the door blend (Hot/Cold) Actuator. Once all the console was removed it was very obvious that the actuator was making a loud noise. Got a new Actuator on order from RockAuto now.

OP
OP
S

ssrobzoom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update replaced and now now noise coming from what I thought at first the subwoofer but the Door Blend actuator is right beside the subwoofer which I thought was making strange noises and it now is fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne