2005 Yukon/Front AC suddenly blows hot air?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

big_g1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, it'll be the one under that black cover near the transmission hump. Aftermarket replacements either don't work at all or for very long.

The part number is likely: 15-72971 or 89018365, both printed on the same box, ACDelco and GM Original Equipment.

As to your previous question, no, the ODBII adapter and the apps cannot read BCM codes.
Awesome, thanks for the part numbers!

OP
OP
B

big_g1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: So I pulled the actuator that is in there and it has already been replaced before, apparently. It is some CEI brand. I took it apart and all the gears and everything looked perfect. I noticed there was a ton of grease or whatever on the electrical contacts, so I cleaned that all off and put it back in the car and it now works perfect. No ticking or anything (it was clicking and everything a lot before).

TontoFAC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I saw several other threads on this, but no one seems to come back and give the solution, so I don't know what to actually look for. I have a 2005 Yukon Xl that will be blasting cold air and then suddenly will instead start blowing hot air from the front vents (both sides). The rear AC is always ice cold. Only had the car a month so no idea on refrigerant levels or anything, but AC has been working great sans this happening twice. I've occasionally heard something "clicking" down near the passenger feet area, sometimes at random times. It hasn't seemed to affect the AC, but maybe that is still related? Just looking for tips and easy things to try first before I spend considerable time and/or money. Thanks.
Blend actuators. Check out You Tube. Several videos detailing this situation.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Those actuators are known to be great parts but also fail, about all at the same time. Get Genuine GM parts or AC Delco or Delphi

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20