2005 yukon denali LED plug and play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevymopar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

I know there are a lot of threads, enough to make your head spin! I have a 2005 Yukon Denali 104K miles and getting a little older so want better lights. Bottom can i just pop something like the link below in to convert to LED? Any recommendations on similar? I would like to replace high and low beams

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First post, huh?

Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I believe that your truck's headlights use a very common incandescent bulb, so finding a cross reference LED light should be easy. Most sites that sell LEDs have cross reference charts available, or a plug in your truck make/year/model or a bulb number, and the site will tell you what products are compatible with your bulb number.. If they don't, its probably not the best site to purchase LEDs.

Most LED conversion kits will come with the LED lights and an plug in transformer, just like the one in your referenced link. Good LED lights are not cheap, and the price on your referenced link would be a mid-to-high range. You get what you pay for, at best.

Make sure that the LED headlights that you purchase are adjustable, meaning that the LED assembly can rotate within its outer shell, so that you can properly position the LEDs during installation. The actual LED beam adjustment mechanism is different for different brands/models, but the instructions supplied with the LEDs (or an installation guide on their product web site) should guide you through the process.

Bottom line, the popsicle stick in the LED headlight holding the LED chips needs to be as close to vertical as possible, after installed and locked into place in the headlight housing, with the LED chips pointing to the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions. The photo of the guide below, while not for your specific brand/model, will give you a visual sense of how these LED headlights need to be positioned in a correct alignment within the headlight housing.

LED Headlight Alignment Guide.jpg

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent for some by Sealight. Supposed to have a good reputation. I am not saying they don't... The thing was, that I had a hard time trying to fit those into the TYC (stock aftermarket replacements) headlight assemblies. I could not get them in without feeling like I was going to break something. I just didn't have the patience to see if I could figure out a) how to get them in without busting the new light assemblies or b) what modification might be needed (if any) to make them work.

Turned out I had a much easier time installing a new radio head unit. I did that in a little less than an hour.

Trying to get the headlights in with little patience for the task was taking too long for me! I had shifting priorities, so I sent the LED headlights back to Amazon...

I continue to lurk on the threads about LED options. I may give another go with something that might be more plug-n-play and people find easy to install without mods. Maybe I'll try something this summer.

OP
OP
chevymopar

chevymopar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First post, huh?

Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I believe that your truck's headlights use a very common incandescent bulb, so finding a cross reference LED light should be easy. Most sites that sell LEDs have cross reference charts available, or a plug in your truck make/year/model or a bulb number, and the site will tell you what products are compatible with your bulb number.. If they don't, its probably not the best site to purchase LEDs.

Most LED conversion kits will come with the LED lights and an plug in transformer, just like the one in your referenced link. Good LED lights are not cheap, and the price on your referenced link would be a mid-to-high range. You get what you pay for, at best.

Make sure that the LED headlights that you purchase are adjustable, meaning that the LED assembly can rotate within its outer shell, so that you can properly position the LEDs during installation. The actual LED beam adjustment mechanism is different for different brands/models, but the instructions supplied with the LEDs (or an installation guide on their product web site) should guide you through the process.

Bottom line, the popsicle stick in the LED headlight holding the LED chips needs to be as close to vertical as possible, after installed and locked into place in the headlight housing, with the LED chips pointing to the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions. The photo of the guide below, while not for your specific brand/model, will give you a visual sense of how these LED headlights need to be positioned in a correct alignment within the headlight housing.

View attachment 390920

Let us know if you have any additional questions.
Thanks for the Info....i'll take some pic's when it stops raining tomorrow!

std03sub

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yukon Denali you say? Does that not have oem projector headlamps? If yes then There's a few different things that can cause poor performance...Burnt projector bowls, Old age of headlamp bulbs, Old age of headlamp lenses. If your looking for a quality upgrade of your headlamps using a LED projector check out Headlight Junkies on Facebook someone there will set you up.

OP
OP
chevymopar

chevymopar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
good news never i changed a bulb on this has these nifty release pins for the entire lamp!
Lightsannottated.png

OP
OP
chevymopar

chevymopar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yukon Denali you say? Does that not have oem projector headlamps? If yes then There's a few different things that can cause poor performance...Burnt projector bowls, Old age of headlamp bulbs, Old age of headlamp lenses. If your looking for a quality upgrade of your headlamps using a LED projector check out Headlight Junkies on Facebook someone there will set you up.
Thanks I will check them out ......the lens are original so yes they are old I'm not sure what projector head lamps are i will have to look that info up. Regardless, I want to upgrade not matter what i drive my wife's 2019 and the visibility is night and day.

Attachments

• TahoeLIghts.jpg
    TahoeLIghts.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 4

std03sub

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks I will check them out ......the lens are original so yes they are old I'm not sure what projector head lamps are i will have to look that info up. Regardless, I want to upgrade not matter what i drive my wife's 2019 and the visibility is night and day.
Projector headlamps are what you have my friend if that is a photo of your headlamp. It should just be a matter of replacing that old projector assembly with something a lil newer. There are people who build headlamps who would know better if there are any drop-in solutions or if it will require modification.

OP
OP
chevymopar

chevymopar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Projector headlamps are what you have my friend if that is a photo of your headlamp. It should just be a matter of replacing that old projector assembly with something a lil newer. There are people who build headlamps who would know better if there are any drop-in solutions or if it will require modification.
Yes the photo is from my Denali!

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good news never i changed a bulb on this has these nifty release pins for the entire lamp!
View attachment 391148
Great engineering on that feature! Makes parking lot replacements without any tools whatsoever super-easy.

The pins also release the DTRL/turn signal assembly when removed. When you end up having to change bulbs...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt