2005 Yukon - Dead in the morning - no warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1st thing this morning. I went to click "unlock". Nothing. (huh?)

What would cause no elec power over night with no warning?

Yesterday, no indications of a problem.

Crap!! No power at all... no interior lights, no ignition. Any suggestions are appreciated....

I'll look at fuses?

( 7:30am)... Up date.. Checked battery with a Schumacher battery tester. Dead battery.

What would cause that, so suddenly? I am off to buy a new battery, but what's next to check as for the cause?

Will a battery just go dead on these Yukons like that?

Also.. Would I have a "Theft Lock" device for the radio??

Last edited:
OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow.... less than 10 minutes, a AAA guy pulled up. He jumped the battery.

Everything seems like back to normal. My problem is, what was the cause of a 4 volt reading on the battery?? After the jump start, the battery shows .. "normal voltage"... Gauge in dash shows "normal".
So I'm going to carry my portable jump starter.

( What the heck happened??) I don't like that I don't know what caused 4 volts in battery.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How old is the battery? Check the ground cable on both ends they can get crudded up and cause this.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How old is the battery? Check the ground cable on both ends they can get crudded up and cause this.

Contacts are very clean & battery fairly new..... Ever since I bought this '05 last year, I keep realizing it is in exceptional condition.
( Thanks for your response, BTW)....

This is something that the dead battery.... ( I believe) is a "stupid owner-fault"......

It started up fine after work...... Gauge shows normal.....

I think I must have left the rear hatch partly ajar last night, and didn't 'click' my remote lock.

Dome lights were on ?..... I think......

Stupid me......

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the bigger question if the timers are on (not sure if or how you can turn them off) but at least you have some breathing room

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan